how long does your period last after giving birth?

edited August 2011 in Health
My period seems like its taking forever to stop! Had my baby 15 days ago and I'm breastfeeding.....ehhhh I want it to stop so bad!!!! I hate it ;( grrrrrr

Comments

• It's not really your period. I bleed almost four weeks after and I had a c section. Six weeks after I started my period and so far its lasted eight days
  • Are you talking about post parting bleeding? My son is 7wks old and my bleeding lasted for 3 weeks almost 4. And i just got my period last week. and I still have it although it's about over. I too am strictly breast feeding. It may take a cycle or two before you have it regular again, but then again you may go back to normal everyone is different.
  • Yes I am sorry! I didn't know the difference oops lol I feel stupid now....Hahaha
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • With my first it lasted about...3 weeks or 4. I can't exactly remember. And then my period went back to normal...5 days
  • Mine lasted 6 weeks and I got my, period a co uo ple days later and im also breastfeeding. I know I had my firsy period cause I just ovulated
  • With my first baby I bled for 5 days and with this one up to 2 1/2 mo
  • I bled for 3 or 4 weeks...stopped for a week and got my period. Now my periods are heavy and VERY painful.
  • :( gosh I don't remember mine ever being this long with my first two....
  • Mine lasted six weeks then I got my period three days after and it lasted for two weeks.