irregular periods

mm1mm1
edited February 2011 in Trying to conceive
Any ladies that have irregular periods if so how do u calculate when ur ovulating?

Comments

• I dont know how long uve been trying but my frien4s that where having trouble.I told them 2 have sex on the day they where most horney na they both fell straight away good luck
  • Well they are normally around the 20 and they can go though the 7 before I start
  • Use an app called mydays hun its amazingg just may take a while if ur irregular to work out correct days of ovulation but u can go back and add any u know dates off, also record any days u have sex etc its amazing xxx gd luck hunni xxx
  • I am super irregular and I like my days app but its hard to calculate ovulation. You will have to put ur period start & end it will tell u high fertility days just make sure ur having sex every 24 to 48 hours during those days. I had to go to the dr & he put me on chlomid, he said that when ur periods are irregular its prob bc ur body is not producing ovulation so for 15 months of ttc I wasn't even ovulating :'(
  • My periods were irregular n I tried for years n then I got the mydays app n within a couple months I was prego! Good luck, but also I think try not to think about it, when I gave up on trying I got pregnant
  • ME N MY HUSBAND BEEN TRYIN TO GET PREGNANT FOR SIX MONTHS NOW MY PERIOD WAS DUE ON THE 17 OF THIS MONTH I HAVE A COUPLE PREGNANT SYMPTOMS BUT I TOOK TWO PT N THEY BOTH WAS NEGATIVE CAN SUM GIVE ME ADVICE!!!!!
  • I have irregular periods... doctor told me get on birth control which I did.I stop after a few months periods became regular...I am now 12 weeks pregnant...good luck:)
  • I haven't been on birth control in like 6 months and we have been trying for 5 months and nothing yet and I have the my day app on my phone but still nothing so idk
  • this is really grosse but theres a way to tell from your discharge. before ovulation you have a thicker discharge with low elasticity...once you ovulate that discharge thins out a bit and becomes stretchy...you can stretch it like 2 or 3in btw your fingers before it breaks...thats a good sign to get busy. and have sex every 24-48 hours. rely on your body to tell you when its time and trust your body...it will happen hen its supposed to. I got this info from what to expect when expecting in the first coupl chapters. it has an answer fof everything. good luck!
  • I have irregular periods I got pregnant right away. I just looked and try to see when I was ovulating u can tell from the discharge either on Ur underwear or when u wipe in the bathroom. I just Googled "how do you know when your ovulating" or similar things like that. Your gonna usually ovulate later if Ur periods are irregular. I also had sex every other day even if I didn't know for sure just incase. I didn't do it everyday so my body can have a rest in between. I just did a lot of other stuff so I can get pregnant fast if u wanna know more let me know.
  • @angie87 I would love to know more and thank u ladies for all the advice
  • @angie87 I would like to know more too. Hubby and I have been trying for over 16 months now and still nothing :'( There is another forum I started in Pregancy Symptoms called Today!!!!!..........still no af check it out there are a lot of us :(
  • look into the discharge thing...its kina grosse to think about playin w it in the bathroom but it worked first try for a friend of mine. good luck! trust the natural signs your body gives you...its the only sure thing!
  • its also really slippery when youre ovulating...and you can feel your cervix tilted forward with your fingers...google it. and track your basal body temp. hmm...theres an article at about.com with five signs to know youre ovulating...check it out.
  • I also started takings prenatal vitamins. We always made sure we were on missionary position when he was gonna finish and I never got up after sex I just got in a comfy position and layed down with my legs crossed for at least 30 min and I also put a small pillow way on my lower back, butt. I crossed my legs so nothing comes out . Also with the pillow thing u can have it their during sex it gives a nice litter lift and it feels good. Also I wasent tense and stressed just relax Ur muscles when Ur laying their. U can also do any position u feel might work best that the sperm wont come out. I also found out that "doggie style" worked well with nothing coming out. Sorry if I shared a little to much.
  • I have took prenatal vitamins I've done everything u jus mentioned and still nothing idk what I'm doing wrong
  • Well I guess we got something in common