Anythinq Helps ?

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
I Had My Weekly Appointment & Ultrasound Today. My Babyboy Is Weiqhin 6lbs 13oz. My Doctor Checked Me & Im Nott Dialated At All :( He Chanqed His Mind & Said He Wasnt Gunna Induce Me A Day After My Due Date, Unless Im Dialated !! Im So Depressed & i Feel Like Ima Have To Be Induced At 42 Weeks. I Dntt Wanna Wait Another 4 Weeks To Have My Baby </3. Can Yu Ladies Give Me Any Tips To Make Myself Dialate?

Comments

• I've heard, and am trying, the following things:

- walking
    - bouncing on an exercise ball
    - eating fresh pineapple
    - drinking raspberry leaf tea
    - taking evening primrose oil supplements
    - working out on elliptical (don't let heart rate go over 150)
    - eating spicy food
    - eating vinegar
    - sex and let your partner finish inside you

These are all things that have worked for friends and family members of mine. Not sure if they've worked for me... Hopefully I get checked tomorrow!!

Good luck! Let me know if you find something that works that I didn't think of!
  • @laine923 Thank You So Much For Answerinq :) I Really Appreciate It. Unfortunately i HATE Pineapple, So Thats Outt Of The Question & Sex !! Lol Hubby Is Scared He Will Hurt Baby. I Was Thinkinq To Get The Tea. Can Yu Buy That At WalMart Or HEB? & Watt Boutt The Exercise Ball; Would That Be At Walmart As Well?
  • I got an exercise ball at walmart, I think it was like 9 bucks. And between that and sex, I'm pretty sure that's what helped dilate me.
  • @Cait_SeptemberMommy So Would Doqqy Style Be The Best Position?
  • I've heard that's the best position. We've done doggy style. And another thing is his semen can help soften your cervix. So left him finish inside you.
  • Great. Looks Like Something Is Going To Happen Tonight!
  • @Gregorysmommy... You're welcome!! Good luck. I got my exercise ball at WalMart for like $15.. there are different sizes based on your height. It's good for strengthening your abs post baby, too. The tea I got at Target but I'm sure WalMart has it, too... I got Raspberry Zinger by a brand called Celestial something. It's tasty.

Too bad you hate pineapple!! Do you like mangos?? I've heard that, too.

Sex seems to be the most recommended method though!! Semen soften your cervix and orgasm promotes contractions. My hubby worries about hurting me during sex, too, so I feel for you!!
  • @laine89 Okay, Great ! Going To WalMart First Thinq In The Morninq. (; & i Heard That Pineappe, Manqo, & Kiwi Can Help Yu Dialate. & i LOVE kiwi. Lol :) i Think Ima Rape My Boyfriend Soon....Lol Jk
  • @Gregorysmommy... Something on my list must be working!! Went to doc today and I'm 1cm and 30%!! Better than nothing@