Hurricane Irene!

edited August 2011 in USA moms
Any of my fellow preglys from New England? I'm from Boston and I'm nervous on what's to come lol not use to this kinda stuff living up here any moms getting hit? What are your thoughts/feelings on this hurricane? & is it true its already been compared to Katrina?!

Comments

• You guys will have A LOT OF FLOODING THATS FOR SURE UP THERE. They even talkin abt NY possibly flooding out completely drowning tunnels & subways even under a category 1 . I say board up ur house, make sure u have flooding insurance bcuz u guys will have atleast a couple of feet of water. Evacuate if possible
  • Yikes! Be safe mamas!!!! Always better to b on the safe side.
  • Meee I'm from ct and I'm so nervous. I'm 40 wks pregnant and I'm literally terrified that I will go into labor during this hurricane. :( it would be just my luck
  • Yeah I know NY declared state of emergency, Massachusetts has not yet...hopefully its not as bad as the news is making it out to be! I live on a second floor so IDK what id do to keep safe or if its safer being lower. Hopefully its just flooding and power outages like they're saying and nothing real severe -.- @color_pink0923
  • @dueinaugust11 oh boy :/ id be nervous about that as well! I will be 34 weeks on Sunday and this kind of stuff just really works my nerves and panics me...
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @2beForgotten I wish you the best of luck hun! I heard Staten Island isn't considered safe due to the fact that its surrounded by so much water! I live in Boston and just like you we aren't hurricane friendly either! So that's why I'm most nervous hopefully its just rain!! They haven't declared state of emergency here or evacuation so as of now I guess I shouldn't worry too much but its still scary espeacially being pregnant or having young children! I wish you the best and stay safe!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm in Nc. We are supposed to be getting hit with a cat 3 starting tonight thru tomorrow. I live on the coast but am heading inland for the weekend.
  • edited August 2011
    Im from baltimore md and if Irene is anything like Isabelle (which was a tropical storm when she hit us, not a hurricane).... This weekend is gonna suck! My parents live on a water front property that faces the Bay. When Isabelle came in 03 they lost their home due to the massive flooding. It was surreal! Other parts of the state were without power for close to 2wks. Basically the only thing u can do is prepare as much as possible and hope for the best. We have been through this before and will just survive what comes our way. Stay safe everyone!!
  • Yes stay safe ladies! Like @somastar said we've got to prepare for it as much as possible, unless you've already been hit we really don't know what to expect! Boston should be getting hit Sunday afternoon, the coastline is in preparation but for the rest of the city it just says it may be a tropical storm by the time it hits us directly. All in all nobody really knows what's going to happen exactly so preparing for the absolute worst is the way to go! Goodluck ladies and stay safe!
  • I'm from Maryland and I live right on the bay . We just moved here on march. I'm scared.
  • Im from Massachusetts near Plymouth and we are DEFINITELY getting A LOT of rain which means flooding. They say by the time it hits us it will be a tropical storm but will still have heavy winds & rain. Just be prepared for the worse and hope for the best. I cant even park my cars in my yard i have to park them at my in-laws house because my whole yard will flood. I have a river that runs behind my land and last year when we got all that rain it flooded and my ENTIRE yard looked like a lake. Good luck & just be prepared for the worse. My brother in law got my 5 year old scared and told her bad things were gonna happen so now she is petrified.
  • I'm from NJ and we are supposed to get a direct hit. I got out of there last night and went back to my new house in PA. Knowing my luck ill go into labor during this mess. I rather be alone in PA then put myself and my baby in harms way.