anyone else job hunting?

edited February 2011 in Just for Fun
I'm only 7wks and have been job hunting since before I got the good news. 1st baby, so never been in this situation. In this economy I can't be picky, but also need some flexibilty for dr appts and such. Any advice on how/when to tell employer of pregnancy & needing a day off here n there?

Comments

• So I'm not job hunting but I'm the manager of a retail store so maybe I can help you don't have to tell them your pregnant first thing and what I look for in a good employee is make sure you go job hunting alone not with friends lol drives me nuts and really happy energetic and smiling people and also check up on applicatios ALOT! Like every other day except weekends cause retail is usually busy. Hope I helped! Good luck I know you'll find something!
  • I agree with katie. I would not tell them at first. If you need off for a dr visit, which at first is normally only once a month, you don't have to give them the reason yiur going to the dr. Plus there are many many jobs that are not mon-fri 8-5 so chances are you will have a day off during the week. Most dr offices also have at least one day with late hours or and early Saturday. Good luck.......
  • I have also been looking since before baby, but nothing. Now I'm really starting to show. Let me just say some hiring people are stupid. I say don't say a word about the bundle of joy until u r past 90 days if possible. Good luck :)
  • Thanks! I'm not showing so I think I can hold off the news for a while. I've been on a couple interviews and they went well. Bonus, both have good schedules and allow for flexibilty. Id be happy with either. :)