Just found out yesterday... Any tipss???

edited February 2011 in Military moms
Im 5 weeks now. And he/she is my first first one. Does anyone have tips and anything they would like to share with me? I'm not feeling any symptoms other than cramps. But when will the sickness start? Also should I not be eating or drinking certain thibgs to avoid miscarriage?

Comments

• Congrats! My morning sickness started around 7weeks and it was horrible! I ended up at ER at least twice a week from dehydration. Some women don't even get sick, so I really hope that you won't be going through what I went through.. cramps will stay with you lol you can take regular strength tylenol, no motrin or aspirin. As long as there's no bleeding, try not to worry. I think my 1st trimester was the hardest since I was sick all the time with nothing to show for.. we didn't tell the family or friends until we were in our 12weeks because of the past miscarriage. Good luck!
  • Congrats!! My best advice is to take your prenatals everyday.
  • My best advice is when the sickness does kick in, keep bland things in mind when eating. Mashed potatoes, ice cream, popsicles, rice, toast, some cereals without the milk. Don't let your stomach get empty, just keep salines by your bed and eat them and get up slowly out of bed. I didn't think I was going to have sickness until it hit me at 6 weeks. Im 15 weeks and I've just now started to feel better. if somehing makes you nauseated just stay the heck away from it. Drink lots of fluids like sprite or ginger ale or water. Don't stress too much over a miscarriage because there's nothing you can do about it this far along. If a miscarriage happens it just wasn't healthy enough and well enough genetically structured to make it anyways. Stay positive!
  • Not that you probably don't already know this, stay away from alcohol! That's the only beverage! Oh and caffenated ones. Its pretty hard to mess up a pregnancy. Best wishes girlfriend
  • Congrats I got sick at 6 weeks...drink plenty of water cuz constipation sucks don't stress take ur vitamins and sleep whenever u feel the urge ...Congrats again