3D/4D U/S

edited August 2011 in November 2011
I scheduled a 3D/4D ultrasund for tomorrow morning. So excited & can't wait to see her again. I had a really hard time trying to decide if I was willing to spend so much money on an u/s, but in the end I decided I need to see her! I more need to confirm she is a she and not a he - I don't want any surprises at l&d when I have a purple room & pink clothes! :-D
I'm looking so forward to getting to see her again. Hopefully they tell me how much she weighs so far!

Comments

• how far along are you? and how much is it? I've been debating on doing it...it is soo expensive!
  • good luck! We got one done when I was 17 weeks (it wasn't supposed to be 3/4d but ended up with a few pics anyways) and they were SOOOOOO good. We went back to the same place at 28 weeks and OMG it was terrible!! She was so smashed up that she looked hidious. Like we seriously joke that she is the ugliest baby ever because of those pictures.. I hope you have better luck than we did.
  • @smcox I am 29 weeks. I live in Ohio and the place I am going to is $149.99 but I found a $20 coupon. It is a lot, but I asked my doctor for a 3rd trimester ultrasound to make sure she is still good & healthy (due to problems I've had in the past), but he told me he understands my worries but they will not do another ultrasound unless the believe there is an issue. So on top of REALLY wanting to confirm I've having a girl, I also want to see her and know that everything is fine - even though she is kicking the crap out of me as I type! :)
    @1stWoodsBaby now I'm nervous it's going to be a terrible! lol The place I'm going to recommended going between 27-32 weeks although it does say we won't see as much of her at once. I know there is less room but the way she still swims around in there, I'm hoping it won't be an issue. I plan to post pictures tomorrow so hopefully they will be good! :)
  • I'm sorry! I didn't mean to make you nervous, I'm still just kinda bummed about my not so good experience! I've seen TONS of pictures at are soooo good so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that yours turns out great!! That was the time frame our place recommended too, so we thought we'd be doing good going at 28 weeks. I have gestational diabetes so may baby maybe a little big, which could of been why she was so smashed in there. Oh, and some advice.. make sure you eat somewhat before.. I had eaten since like 5 hours before we went and by her facial expressions (she frowned and had her eyebrows squished together) she wasn't happy about not having food in so long. lol.
  • @1stWoodsBaby
    Awww... that's cute! She must have been hungry! :)
    They told me me eat and drink fruit juice about 45 minutes before my appointment - so I'm thinking a nice sugary donut and some OJ should do the trick! :) They recommend drinking lots of fluids the days leading up to the U/S, but since I scheduled it at noon today, I kinda failed at that.
    Oh well, hopefully everything turnes out good and I'm still having a girl.
  • I was 28 weeks and its came out pretty great. See my profile pic. You'll have a blast!
  • I had the most amazing day! At first she was not participating, but eventually she started to wake up. I definitely recommend doing this in the afternoon vs. morning. My little girl is not an early riser. I guess it kind of takes away the surprise of what she looks like, but it was so amazing! I can't stop staring at her photos!!
    @blueberrysmom @1stWoodsBaby @smcox

I'll try to figure out how to post more pictures, but I did make one of them my profile pic.
  • Ladies I have a question.i know 3d are for fun but y do some drs. Do it for check ups? These girls were talking about how,their doctors do them at the end to check up on the babies. My dr only does them for fun lol
  • Awww! It came out great!
  • My doctors office offers it as an elective, but they don't do any u/s other than the anatomy scan unless they feel it's necessary. If they do other ones then they're 2d. @anadoll92
  • I'm so glad yours turned out great!!! Wonderful!

@anadoll92 my high risk doctor does them at my ultrasound.. I'm not sure why though.