im getting induced next week!*scared*

edited August 2011 in Third Trimester
Ok so yest Fri I went to my doc appt and doc told me that tues I would have appt to do all paper wrk to get induced Thursday! Wow! That was a shocker! They want me to deliver at 38 wks bc of my gestational diabetes. I'm scared. Please someone tell me they've gone through this and baby turned out fine.

Comments

• My boy was induced at 38 weeks. He's the sweetest funniest lil man ever! He's three now. My labor went fast and easy I had no problems. Don't worry sweetie! Om sure things will be fine done be scared millions of women get induced :">
  • @mandac10 thank you for the support :) I hope my baby girl has the same luck :) the only good thing out of this is that I get to see her earlier :) thanks again :)
  • On average babies come from 37-42 weeks. Urs should be 100% fine
  • *bump*
    Come on preglys there has to be more than one success story :/
  • I know exactly how you feel. I'm going to be induced next week at 37 weeks due to my gestational hypertension. I'm super nervous about it ending in a c section.
  • Sorry I don't have a success story, but I have GD too. I'm 32 weeks, hoping to be induced around the same time you are.. 38 or so weeks. Has your little one been measuring big, is that why they are taking him at 38 weeks?? Best of luck!! I hope everything goes great.
  • edited August 2011
    Ive been induced with both of my pregnancies and had successful vaginal deliveries with both :)
  • I was induced 2 days before my edd. I was in labor for about 11 hours. I wanted to go all natural, but my BP was getting dangerously low and my lil guys HR was going way too high. The drs strongly suggested I have an epidural to help both of us relax. Once I agreed everything went just fine. Only 45 minutes of pushing and he was wonderful healthy big (9lb 5oz) baby boy!
  • I was induced with both my pregnancies with no issues. You'll be fine mama. >:D<