insurance coverage

So my husband/insurance provider got fired Thursday. My work won't even start the paperwork to get me with one of their insurance plans till I have a letter from his insurance stating the cut off date, then its 30 days to get my new insurance started. IM DUE IN LESS THEN 30 DAYS!!!! I have no idea what we are going to do and since the state goes by the past 30days of income I'm not even elligible for state help till after my due date. I don't know what to do I'm freaking out. Can't share it with anyone don't have any real friends anymore. Families already been helping to much since over been on bedrest. I more then half wish she would come tonight or tomarrow *36w* I've had the steroid shots so not really worried about her lungs. My mom is an Ob nurse/trainer so she could lend me a billy ruben (?) light if she gets jaundice. Hell if I thought for an instant I would make it that far I would just go to her hospital *almost two hours away across state lines* its where all the pimps take their hoes for child birth so I'm pretty sure they don't really expect to get paid for services rendered.

I just don't know what is going to happen. I wish I could tell this to my husband but he would just freak out, get depressed, and not even bother to look for a job cause how could a fuckup like him ever be worth blah blah blah pity party. . . We have been down similar paths before.

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I work for blue cross the way it works for us is that you have 30 days from a qualifying event to make changes to a policy or to pick up a policy. Since your hubby lost his insurance they do need that proof but your policy effective date with your employers plan should be the date you lost his insurance coverage. It may take up to 30 days for the paperwork to get processed but should go back to the loss of coverage date. Just tell the hospital your going thru an insurance change and give them your new policy number as soon as you get it. A hospital cannot turn you away due to no insurance anyhow.
  • edited August 2011
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Can you do cobra? Its hella expensive, but if you only need it for a month or two, it'd still be cheaper than the delivery will be.
  • @gatorbob is right, I believe my medicaid paperwork said they have a sliding scale for coverage if you make past a certain amount for medicaid to be free of cost to you...may differ from state to state (I'm in NJ) but still would be worth applying for asap because a delivery isn't cheap!!! I'm approved for pregnancy; my coverage lasts approx. 6 weeks after birth, and baby is covered for a year.
  • You have options honey. All of there ladies are right.. there shouldn't be a lapse in coverage, and if there happens to be one, Medicaid will pay back up to 90 days. Then there's COBRA, which his employer has to offer ya'll.. it'll work out! Just make sure you let the hospital know up front..
  • And cobra is very expensive because you pay the whole premium amount the employer contributes nothing not a cent. Hope you found everyones answers helpful.
  • Thank you guys so much. I'm going to make him call around Monday to make sure what his is cancellation date is