so overwhelmed

edited August 2011 in Postpartum Depression
i dont even know where 2 begin...i guess this post is simply to get it off my chest...i feel so alone, inadequate, helpless, overwhelmed, tired, sad, vulnerable, and unappreciated. (damn thats a shity looking list of words!) if i keep myself busy i can keep these thoughts at bay.

levi is 5.5wks old and does great so far feeding. but my body image is loww, my husband works crazy hours, and im getting NO sleep! i dont ever get reassured by him that im doing good, or that i look good, or that hes gonna take care of me and the stress im under.

i dont know what to do. some days i feel like im doing so much better, while other days im totally wigged out..and my mind is doing crazy stuff telling me how much of a total failure i am. i tried talking 2 my mom and se was NO help. im so afraid that i have PPD. i would feel like a real loser then. plus im scared 2 talk 2 my dr. i dont want 2 b put on meds or have that on my medical recod looming over me forever. i dont want anybody to go to extremes with this and monitor my time with my son. im so unsure about what is going on and what is done to fix it.

im sorry this is so long. thanks to those of u who read it tho. im sorry i went on and on..but at least now i aired some of it out!

Comments

• Its ok to feel over over whelmed sometimes. We women do so much and are so rarely appreciated for it. Just remember that you have a beautiful baby that's loves you and depends on you and to whom you are the greatest person in the world! And f everyone else. You and baby are all that matter right now.
  • No one will monitor you or your son...unless you tell the doc you want to hurt him, of course. They really would rather just give you some meds to help out. I am going through that too, for the second time. I guess cuz my MIL was on anti depressants it wasn't as scary for me to ask for help. They are more than willing to give you medicine. You aren't extreme, like your not afraid you will hurt him. If you are, then you REALLY should tell docs. But no they don't monitor your kid. I knew i needed meds when a break or walk didn't help, and my thoughts became obsessive and i felt like i wasn't cutting it.

Do you have to tell your family or hubby that you are on the meds, if thats who your worried about?
  • Oh i only took meds 2 months last time and snapped out of it. This time I hope to do same, but i had to go right back to work and have a house full...so i am way more overwhelmed this time around. You dont have to take meds forever.