can't catch a freaking break

As some may remember my husband was seriously sick back in June and had chest tubes put in to remove fluid and was in the hospital for a week (outta work 2 months). Well good news is, he's doing great.... bad news, we can't seem to catch a break with all the bills! I mean we were struggling enough before and already had to move in with my parents which has been stressful in itself. And It's everytime I breathe we get another bill in the mail! We keep having to call everyone to set up payments and It's just frustrating. He gets paid next week and It's not even going to be enough to cover everything that's due!! And then we can't get anything else we need for the baby, and after he's born then those bills are gonna start coming. We can't seem to keep food in the house and Im afraid of not being able to afford the baby once he's here. I'm so stressed out yet no one seems to care! Me getting a job after baby isn't much option because there's 4 hours in the afternoon no one is here but my dad and he's got so much wrong with him that I couldn't trust him and I definately can't afford daycare. Im glad were having a baby but it seems like since I got pregnant, Im being punished cause everything has just gone downhill!

Comments

• Me too girl!!! I got a car note and car insurance to pay but don't have a job to pay for it and I don't get my va benefits until january because I'm taking the fall off and those benefits usually pay my insurance and car note...my bff doesn't have a job which is started to ware on us cause we have no income coming in and its getting annoying being broke!!!!!! I just want to win the lottery or something!!!!!! I applied for good stamps and got approved so I start getting them on september 7th then I applied for tanf so I hope I get approved for that cause I'm struggling over here!!!!!
  • we thought about applying for food stamps but they would laugh at us because my husband makes too much.. shit if he made as much money as people thought we wouldn't struggle, it's just crazy!! the only thing we did get approved for was wic and it helps a little but with living with my parents it doesnt help a whole lot.. hopefully things will get better for the both of us, i know my car payment is what kills us every month and hopefully soon i can get my payments lowered but i don't see it lowering much but i guess every dollar counts nowadays..
  • Are yall married married or just call each other hubby and wife? And yes I need to get my car payment lowered I'm paying 418 right now...and behind like 200 lol I think imma get a new car though when I get income tax cause this one doesn't have warranty anymore and I want something with a warranty... I just went to look for different car insurance cause I'm paying 233 right now and I went to nationwide and if I go with them it would go down to like 160 something...I was like heck yea!!!!!!
  • we're married married, we got married last october.. and yeah my payment is 450 a month (plain crazy!) yeah we just got our insurance on our cars lowered too, we're saving almost 300 dollars just by being married, we thought that was kinda crazy! lol
  • Oh ok cause you know some people aren't really married just together forever but yea I wish I could just poop out money but in our case pee cause I've been doing a whole bunch of that lately lol
  • yeah i see that alot (where they act married and stuff but arent) but yep we're stuck together lol and girl yeah, i feel like i spend more time in the potty to pee than doing anything else..
  • lol yea so thats why i asked lol cause u were saying you were living with your parents so i was thinking you could still apply if you werent married... but yes i havent slept good at night in forever!!!!! its super annoying!!!!!
  • I know how you feel. My hubby lost his job at the beginning of this pregnancy and his new job makes it absolutely impossible for me to work any real hours. We were super thankful that his new job had insurance after 30 days, but it's costing us $400 a month, plus my Dr's office wants $400 a month for copays AND just for extra fun, our roommate (my hubby's friend who's going through a divorce) hooked up with a stripper and hasn't been here in 2 months, so he doesn't wanna pay his rent because he isn't here. Sigh. It's so frustrating. Luckily, we're breaking even on our bills, aside from that Dr mess, which I'm just not dealing with right now, lol. But getting stuff together for my 5 yo who's starting school and wants to do ballet and trying to finish up the baby stuff has me soo stressed!
  • yeah we moved in with my parents after i found out i was pregnant.. mainly to help them with bills and we were struggling on our own (its only temp. until we get our financial stuff straight so we can get a house)

@laura536 yeah we're paying 250 for my doctor everytime we go, and still having to pay co-pays on my husband when he has appts. and yet we've already met our deductable, our insurance and doctor stuff is so messed up, i feel like we'll never get it all straightened back out.. this year has just been such a mess so far.. hopefully everything will start looking up soon!