Epidural. Best thing ever!

edited August 2011 in August 2011
Just got mine after 14 hours in labor having contractions ever 3 mins. I feel great now just saying.

Comments

• it's a fabulous thing. i can't believe i did my first all natural. with my second i got it and slept for hours. when i woke up he was crowning :D
  • Epidurals r amazing! ;)
  • Agreed!! I cant belive I wanted to try natural cause I was scared of the needle. I have a, low pain tolorance(sp)
  • Im soo glad I see sum positive feedback about epidurals because im terrified of needles always have been since I was a little girl... But I kno im probably gonna need it!
  • I also had a terrible fear of needles but nothing compared to the pain of those contractions. The epidural was a cake walk compared to them so glad I got it each time. There's no reason to suffer when u can be comfortable and enjoy your delivery.
  • I know how you feel I tried to do it natural but those contractions hurt I had to get one and once I did I was able to rest
  • I'm getting induced tonight and I am excited and scared at the same time!! How do they insert the cervadil?
  • The epidural wasnt bad. A pinch then pressure n it was done. Worse part was I could feel the bigger needle being pushed threw....it crunched. Just grab your supports system hand squeeze it hard and focuse on the pressure from squising their hand.

(*)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh yea the epidural is super awesome!! My anesthesiologist had to poke me twice to get it right but it was sooo worth it! And I was able to enjoy my daughters birth :) with my first I had pain meds through IV, never again! I felt drunk super drugged up and out of it. I remember bits and pieces of my sons birth
  • @Mylittleluv_11 Tell them you don't want to see the needle and you won't have any problems. You can't feel them do it.

@mommaof3inMI Cervidil is a little pill kind of thing they just poke in your vag and it dissolves. It's really easy.
  • Its like a rope with medicine on it they shove it up n place it by ur.cervix....didnt hurtt. Contraction started for me 20 minz later.