pediatritian??

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
Do I have to have one or will they just assign one to me?

Comments

• Thats a good question! I'm military, so I get to choose between base and my local one lol :) But, I think they reccomend one to you, but you can choose where you go and stuff!
  • While in the hospital, they will provide one and send them to the rooms usually. At that point, they want you to choose one, so that you can get an appointment set up. They will also give you suggestions based upon your insurance if you ask.
  • my dr. told me to choose one before i have him but.. i havent and wont .. i know where im taking him.. so thats good enough lol
  • Thanks :) that makes me feel better I just thought about it today and I was like holy crap I have no dr for my baby
    I'm on medicade and got a letter a while back that said if I didn't choose by a certain date they would assign one so should I be getting a letter?

@lae3
    @usafwife_21
    @EiralynnesMommy
  • I would get their dr list and do the online research to see what dr has the best office, and rep thats what I did.. They may choose one u.dont like.. I also hav medicaid.. But im just using the same dr I had for my 16 mth old just hasnt been reg whats the point lol hes not here
  • So when I find one do I just make an appt with them after my baby is born? I'm a ftm and know nothing about this

@lae3
  • We had to choose one. And we just did that this week. I will be 34wks on tues
  • Ya I do the day I come home
  • Okay thanks :) this helps a lot @lae3

• Do u have a family doc? My family doc came when I had my son. She's wonderful though! One thing I miss about back hone is that doc! Lol!