Crying over my son's baby bottles >:-(

I feel like a crazy preggo lady. I had my Mom boil Jude's bottles for the 1st time for me since I've never boiled bottles before. I have like 3 diff types of bottles & 1 of them was the Playtex drop-ins which I specifically told her NOT to boil the actual bottle portion and JUST the nipple, ring & cover part. I even gave her the actual instructions booklet the drop-in bottles came with. She STILL boiled the bottle parts & they're NOT supposed to be boiled! Now they're all deformed looking & I can't help but cry bcuz now my son has ugly bottles. I was so happy at picking them out on my own too. The bottles are still working & I'm pretty sure my son can still use them just fine, but I'm so sensitive about having them look all nice & everything. I was seriously crying over these stupid bottles >:-( My BF felt bad for me & offered to buy new sets for our son, but I'm still upset. Sigh.

Comments

• I would be very upset too!!! I'm sorry she didn't listen :( no more crying yours son is almost here ;;)
  • edited August 2011
    That's why I doit myself I don't let nobody mess whit my stuff I'm sorry hun
  • I'd cry too lol...more because my daughters bottles are very expensive. Try a microwave sterilizer! Works great and it wont deform bottles lime boiling water.
  • @mommy_yaya I feel kinda lame for crying over bottles lol. But my BF pretty much said he understood bcuz he knows I just want nice things for our son. Thanks. I hope I don't cry over something random again like this, but I have a feeling I might!

@2girls_1boy Yea I trust my Mom, BUT drop-in bottles she's never experimented with before. That was my fault. She's old school. She knows everything else in the book except with all these "new baby items". Sigh. I can't be mad at her, but I'm still hurt lol.

@Caiti5 Yea my Aunt (Mom's sis) told me she'd get me a microwave sterilizer lol. She didn't agree w/ my Mom's old-school boiling methods. I'm definitely cleaning my son's bottles by myself now (& including/showing my BF how).
  • If it makes you feel better about the crying...which I totally would have been upset and cried too. Here is a story.

The other day I cried at a Chinese buffett because the food was gross and they didn't have sweet and sour chicken. The fried rice was nasty too and that's pretty much all I eat at Chinese restaurants. I felt like a crazy pregnancy lady. My poor husband felt bad because he suggested the place.
  • At least you have someone to blame. I have Tommy Tippee and the drop in Platex ones and I was boiling the extra ones and didn't know I couldn't boil the drop in ones and warped them Lol it even says it on the bottle to not boil them. Hope you feel better and enjoy your new bottles :)
  • @kcike12 omg lol! Aww. Damn hormones! Grr.

@AKmommy Aww. Yea I'm still a little bummed everytime I look at the bottles. I'm seriously considering buying new ones since my BF offered. Luckily a friend of mine said she's no longer using the bottle part of the drop-ins (I'm still going to use my nipple part, ring & cover) so she's gonna give me hers :-)