NO, bd is not coming to the birth, is that what u wanna hear?!

I am so tired of people trying to find out whats going on with my babys father. Just got off the phone with my grandma who was inquiring as to whether hes going to be at the babys birth. I dont talk about him to u so why ask me something like that. Clearly its something i dont want to talk about and what is it any of ur business if hes there or not.
The last time i asked him when was he getting his ticket to come for the birth, he texted me saying what do u want then called me and said ill get it when i get it and hung up on me. Honestly, since then we havent spoken in months. I asked his mom was he coming and she told me she didnt know and not to worry about things that r gonna stress me out. So with all that said i can only infer he wont be there. We had an earthquake recently and he didnt even call. Ill never understand how someone can wake up everyday and look at themselves in the mirror knowing they have a child that they purposefully have nothing to do with.
People who dont know squat about whats going on should really say nothing at all. Its like, uve already seen me for the past 8 months going thru this pregnancy alone, and whenever u bring him up i either get quiet or change the subject, so why ask me questions like that??? Esp when im in a good mood and thinking positively about my pregnancy. As if i havent already thought about this issue over and over and gotten sad over it before. If i dont bring him up then why do they feel they need to? Do they think i dont care that hes not going to be there and tbat i havent thoughtabout all this already? Ugh....

Comments

• He's a prick. Don't worry about him and his stupidity another second. Just know that YOU'LL be there for the birth of your child and he'll miss out on an irreplaceable priceless moment. If you've stressed enough over it, consider it done and make the plans you need to make. You don't owe an explanation to anyone about how you choose to handle things. He's an adult, and you can't make him be responsible. Enjoy the rest of your pregnancy and make sure you've got that birth plan written up LOL!
  • Trust me my g ma is nosey!!!! :^o
    & it drives me damn nuts so I know where you are coming from...
    I'm sorry that you and bd are having issues... hopefully things work out for you!
  • edited August 2011
    Girl u gonna be dealing with people in ur business all the time....there just how people are, especially family members who think they know what's best for you when really they don't cause their shit ain't even right...just brush it off and if it bothers u so much just tell them to quit asking you about it if you wanted them to know you would tell them and they would know the answer lol...you'll get away with it cause your prego lol...everything is gonna be ok momma
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Don't worry or stress about that... People are gonna be nosy and ask. My bd isn't around and I hate goin around people cause that question always pops up... Even at church... I just change the subject. Just continue to stay positive and focus on getting your baby here safe. He's the one missing out.
  • I understand completely how you feel. Its like why does it matter to you? & why would you even bring him up knowing the situation? If its that much of a concern to you then you can wait til I actually have the baby and see for yourself instead of bringing him up and making me stress over him. Ppl just don't think before they speak!
  • Girly, I'm going through exactly the same thing!! I sit here and worry though about the things he is choosing to miss dvds it kills me. I don't need anyone reminding about it so I tell them that its something I don't want to talk about. That I'm the one that WILL be there. At the end of the day I have to remind myself that its his choice but its hard. Sometimes I wonder that if he really understood everything that he was losing would it still be such an easy choice for him to make? But again, its his choice and he'll have to deal with the consequences. So hang in there and ignore everyone lovely.
  • dvds = and
  • look super momma, your gonna do great, with or without him, so let everyone know that if they r soo worried about him, they can go look for him themselves, but really, its no one business but urs!!!! :)
  • edited August 2011
    @TishJ330 Thanks Tish, that's how I feel but its annoying when people want to bring it up like I'm not doing something wrong when really I'm just doing the best I can with what I have to work with.

@jay_brad & @newmomma13 & @gabbyc @Nikkmb3 thanks guys for the encouraging words. At least somebody understands where I'm coming from. & yes my dad's fam is so nosey and so concerned about what the "fathers" going to do. It's like why weren't u this concerned when my dad was shitting on me for most of my life. It almost makes me want to just give them his number so they can ask him themselves since they're so concerned. But they would probably do just that just to be nosey. My mom's side doesn't say anything to me about the dad, they just talk about the baby which should be the main focus. No use in speaking of folks who aren't around.
  • @mama0811Thanks ur probably right that their questioning comes from a place of concern for me and baby, but its not really something I'd like to think or talk about. I can see if I brought him up, but if I NEVER bring him or talk about him and if you don't see him around then obviously that should tell u something. I also feel there questions are invasive.
  • edited August 2011
    @serenitysmommy & @Nikkmb3 yea I'm glad u seem to understand where I'm coming from on this. I mean we just want to focus on the positive aspects of our pregnancy and not think about the negatives. Us preglys are extremely sensitive and don't need to be stressed about why sum fool is choosing to ignore his own child. I'm sure we think about it enough on our own time than to have to answer to someone else. I'm sorry you're going through the same thing as I am. Our children deserve a lot better.