They're worried about my weight :( (kinda long)

edited August 2011 in Health
I took Bentley to the doctor this morning for a cough. He has a small one but he's fine. Well then my doctor asked me if I was eating. I was like, not like I normally do. Since I had Bentley, my appetite has disappeared. I MAYBE get hungry enough to eat a full meal once a day. Other than that, I'm just not hungry. And if I try to force myself to eat, I make myself sick. Well he told me I looked really weak and pale so he weighed me. I weighed 102 before I got pregnant, 118 6 weeks ago when I had Bentley, and today I weigh 93lbs. He brought up anorexia?! I was like I'm not purposely not eating to lose weight. I know I look unhealthy but I can't help it. I wish I weighed more too. And he said well I'm bringing you back in 2 weeks to weigh you and you better have put on some lbs. What do I do?! :( It made me feel so bad about myself. I hate when people talk about how skinny I am. And I really hate that I've been so skinny all my life that I've had to hear it time and time again. And now I'm being accused of anorexia?! I would never starve myself on purpose. Oh and I know I'm suppose to be eating because I'm breast feeding. He said Bentley is in no danger of not getting his nutrition, he's a healthy chunky baby, but because I haven't been eating a lot, Bentley takes all my nutrition through my breast milk, making me super weak. I just don't know what to do to make my appetite come back. Has anyone had this problem? Sorry this was so long.

Comments

• I'm sorry hun! :( I wish he could have been a little more helpful, rather than accusing... Sometimes I wish docs listened to their patients just a little more!!! I havent had this problems presonally. but this site seemed pretty helpful, atleast worth a shot!

http://www.ehow.com/how_2252323_increase-appetite.html

I hope you find something that works for you! :)
  • I've never had ur problem (mine is always the opposite!) But maybe u need to add food that has lots of calories and nutrients? Ensure is an option.... just make yourself drink one a few times a day that way your getting ur calories and vitamins. I know it's so easy to focus all ur energy onto ur baby boy but u need to take care of mama too!!
  • Could you handle drinking meal replacements like ensure or boost?
  • @Essie @heyitsme I drank one today but how often can you drink them?
  • Similac mom is also good. But I only like the chocolate one the vanilla is nasty
  • In your situation id say have 2 a day but
  • @heyitsme I've never even heard of that. What's the difference in it from ensure?
  • sorry, phone is messing up.. Id say have 2 a day but check with ur dr.
    similac mom is a meal replacement too but meant for breastfeeding moms. Not sure if its out everywhere though? Im in canada and its fairly new here
  • Try protien shakes they have some specifically for women. Or try small meals instead of one. Just eat here and there little bits. Anything is better then nothing. Good luck Hun. Are you still taking prenatal pills?
  • I didnt have a appetite for the first month after I had ryleigh but I wasnt losing weight. ive always been little like u so I figured i'd lose alot while breastfeeding and not eating right but I didnt. im still at 116 and happy with it. maybe ull gain ur appetite back soon. mine came back out of nowhere.
  • @Samantha I never took them. I had horrible morning sickness for 2 months and they made me sick. I took gummy vitamins and ate lots pf spinach lol.

@Ittybitty I hope mine comes back soon. I miss food :(
  • Maybe you can try taking them now? Or some vitamin to help you get the nutrition you're not receiving.
  • edited August 2011
    @Samantha yeah I need to get some more. They were so good, jolly rancher kind. I had to keep myself from eating more than 2 a day lol.

@OregonMama that could work :) lol
  • edited August 2011
    @OregonMama yeah, they break didn't make it any better. I'm not the type to gorge myself with ice cream when I'm broken up with, unfortunately :(

Oooh willy wonka :D I'm all over the chocolate fountain.
  • @OregonMama you are! God :( I'm gonna start crying. I want to cuddle with Taylor so bad right now. My head is killing me.
  • I had to stop breast feeding my first because I lost too much weight and looked very unhealthy. I wanted so much to keep bf ing but I had to take care of myself to be able to take care of my son. Maybe consider.supplementing some feedings with formula to help your body grow stronger? I know how it feels, sorry you are going through this.
  • You could do protein like body builders do.
  • @OregonMama I'm hoping so. He offered to go get me food today but I declined.

@new_baby_in_oct that'll be my last resort if I don’t gain wait in two weeks. I don't wanna stop bf.

@beaded_bunny I think I'm gonna get some ensure drinks.