My thoughts on baby making...

edited August 2011 in Just for Fun
We should all be born with our tubes tied!! Once you are of a certain age and fit the criteria, pass numerous mental health tests, and clear background and financial checks (similar to the adoption process but not as extensive or costly), then... And only then!... will you be permitted to have them untied and capable of reproduction!!

I really think it's a great idea and would prevent a lot of heartbreak and suffering, both on the mother and child's behalf! I have been reading waaay to many stories recently about unfit mothers and it is saddening :-(( Problem solved lol the end.

Comments

• When my mum took.my 16yo sister to get implanon in the dr said this is every parents dream lol now 3 of.her.daughters have 1 n 1 is preg. Got hers out to.conceive
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm curious, what do you think the specifics of that criteria should be??
  • edited August 2011
    I agree that some women should not be mothers. But I will not say I wish that was the way it is cause my son was a surprise I'm only 18, and I wouldn't change it for the world. He is my everything <3. & my age doesn't affect my ability to love him with all my heart.
  • I agree with @jay_brad as I'm not as stable as a parent should be in some peoples eyes. I'm young 21 and was surprised by my son but that doesn't mean I'm going to be a bad parent. But I see what ur saying and what your point is. @stbmilitarybrat
  • Haha!!!! Too funny!
  • My life wasn't ideal to have a kid and my sons dad turned out to be a piece of crap. But I understand your humor and the point your trying to make.

Children are a blessing and some people take that for granted. Thankfully some young moms turn out to be amazing parents and bad situations don't always stay bad and horrible parents learn from there mistakes.

• Chances are I would not meet the age & financial requierments but in no way does that mean my fiance & I arent good parents. So what if we live with my parents? My step-son always has everything he needs with us & our new baby will too.
    Now when it comes to mental health tests, I agree 100%
  • Jeepers, I'm 21 and was surprised too! Wasn't trying to offend. Obviously this could never be the case.. Nor did I put much thought into the bullet points of the criteria. It was listed under 'just for fun' and was not a come at anyone!! I'm genuinely glad that everyone here is a great mother and agree 100% that age and finances don't make you a terrible parent! I don't see how I made this post offensive but for those of you who feel that way I'm really sorry.