can a pluz sized momma..

Have a normal weight baby? I'm 31 weeks & I weigh 237 & I want to have a normal weight baby so it doesn't give me much complications during birth.. any tips?

Comments

• edited August 2011
    @happiestmommietobe i was 246 when i got pregnant w/ my first she was 7lbs 15 oz at birth. I just made sure not to over-eat. so If I started at 246 at wk 1 and had a normal weight baby then i'm sure your baby can be a normal weight as well.
  • I was 265 when I first found out. I'm down to 256 now. My doctors haven't expressed any concern yet for me having anything but a normal weight baby. As long as you eat right and take care of yourself and baby, all should be well. My mom was plus sized for both my sister and me. And we were both average weight. Good luck.
  • edited August 2011
    The part being overweight plays in pregnancy regarding the size of baby has to do with gestational diabetes. It's not just related to how much you weigh. I'm a bigger girl, and didn't have gd with my son. That's what makes your baby large. If you have normal sugar, your baby should be normal sized...unless big babies just run in the family.
  • @crumbledcookie that is great! I just really wanna go for a natural birth so I'm hoping everything goes ok

@justkirarenee my dr said I could only gain 11 lbs :/ tht was whn I was 217 at the beggining lol but she sai to just walkk a lot so I hope baby gains healthy weight
  • @RTmommy well I don't have gd but my mom said I weighed 9 lbs.. & I think my brothers & sisters were big too.. I'm not sure...
  • I'll think healthy baby weight thoughts for you :-)
  • @justkirarenee aww haha thanks that's so sweet lol :)
  • @happiestmommietobe i wish you luck mama %%- %%- %%- %%-
  • My daughter was 9lbs, 10 oz and didn't Have gestational diabetes And she was born completely healthy. I was 292 when I got pregnant and 327 after. Back down to 307 now
  • @crumbledcookie thankk u soo much hunn..
    @eiralynnesmommy that's good that she was healthy.. its just tht I was watching "a baby story" on tlc this morning & some girl had a ten lbs baby O_o & she wasn't even overweight! Crazy lol
    @bettymomma that's so cool.. did u watch what u ate a lot?
  • I was normal and my mom was bigger like me I was 5lbs and 6 oz
  • I think that GD or type 2 diabetes has a major factor in it. I'm a big girl too. My dr never mentioned how much I should gain. I gained about 30. But they do mention about my diabetes. & will induce if baby gets toooo big. As of now I'm about 250...wont look at the scale...& at 32w baby was 4lbs14oz.
  • I weighed 223 when I got pregnant and now I'm 247..I'm 30+3 and my baby is measuring at 28+2 so he's a bit small ..I walk regularly and I don't over eat . My doc told me to gain No more than 15-20 LBS
  • I have a lot of plus size girl friends and they all had lil babies. One did have twins tho and they were both over 5 pounds which is great. So I think its possible to have healthy weight babies.
  • @bettymomma yummy time!! Lol I was on a health kick & exercising 5-6 days a week for an hour. So pregnancy came along & I'm all acting like cookie monster..(with all foods)...NOM NOM NOM!!! Back to my health kick after baby. Its yummy while it lasted.... 5 wks left!
  • My kids have all been in the 7lb range and I am obese
  • edited August 2011
    I am 311 now I was 284 when I got preggo I am hopeful I will have a normal size baby too my doc says there is no reason why I would have a big baby so we shall see I'm 37 weeks. :)
  • @darknesofnight4u
    @one5one
    @mommy2b1111
    @charlotteb
    @cupcake22
    @bigmamak
    @momof22be
    @bettymomma
    Ok awesome! So I can do it!! Lol I just want him to be ok.. & yeaa I'm definitely not eatin healthy right now :/ lol but I suppose ill start haha dam oreos!
  • Just enjoy ur pregnancy and eat wat u like just not too much
  • I'm a plus size muma. I.ate whatever I wanted during my pregnancy. My Lil man was 8pound 9 n a half ounces. I had him with no pain relief and no external tearing. Not bad considering he's my first. Whatever happens during the birth happens. The size of your baby doesn't always effect how complicated the birth will be so just try and enjoy your pregnancy.
  • I gained from 220 to 270. Didn't have GD, DS was 9 lbs 11 oz, but DH and myself were big babies. I was also 40+1
  • edited September 2011
    My first was 6lb10oz at 37w4d. I was 19 started pregnancy at 204lbs ended at 254. Gained more then lost after being at my highest for a few years. Developed diabetes & tried a healthy lifestyle. I also have pcos.
    Today I went in to the dr & they aren't happy with my morning sugars so off I go to an Endocrinologist tomorrow. Diabetes can suck my ass! My baby was 4lb 14oz at 32 wks. Ill be 35 wks on Saturday. So this one might be a large baby. I'm 30 yrs old now.
  • @one5one well I'm 19 right now :) & I'm definitely the highest I've ever been in my life.. before I got preg I got married & gained so much weight I've always been in the 160 range :/ & now seeing 237 is soo shocking! But I'm def plannin on getting right back to my normal self after birth..
  • I did 7 pounds 15 oz
  • Honestly I ate cake for a straight week only gained 3 lbs 1 in baby and 2 in me so I mean it depends on the person but ur good :)
  • @preggointx u just had urs huh! Yay congrats! Did u watch what u ate?
  • @happiestmommietobe oh what its like to be 19 again! My highest as at 25 at 276lbs. I had a hard time doing anything...walking because of sciatic pain or breathing. But it didn't help I have pcos. A lot of probs resolved after dropping 60lbs. But now I'm back up & sciatic is back! Ugh. I haven't seen 160 since...geez like 12-13 yrs old...maybe younger! Lol. Ill just be happy to break that 200 lb mark. Under 200 is my goal even if it is by 1lb. How many weeks are you now?
  • @one5one I'm sure u can make it! Everything is possible with hard workk & dedication lol I'm 31 weeks as of yesterday!! Impatiently waiting!!!
  • So close!! @happiestmommietobe its an exciting time! I'm still nervous & its my 2nd! Ill be back to the gym hopefully in a few months after baby! %%- to us all!
  • @one5one omg I knw I'm going crazy with anxiousness lol how far along are u?..