Engorement advice pls

edited August 2011 in Breastfeeding
I've been breastfeeding Noah (3 days old) and my breast are already engored and hurt like crazy. What should I do to help?

Comments

• Be strong and wait it out. They are trying to adapt to noahs feeding times and how much he eats. Hang in there mama :) or if you want to pump and save milk now would be the time. Pump after feeding for how much you want to save
  • I used to pump some off, you can store it in the freezer. Or try a warm bath and either hold your boobs under the water or hold a warm flannel on them which will give you some relief
  • Ice packs on your breasts can help. You might not want to pump because then your breast will make more milk and this prob wont go away. Look up some stuff on the web if you can
  • @minirip I'm trying hes really taking to breastfeeding still working on getting a good latch, this is when I start to give up but I really want it to work this time.
    @littlenat86 still havnt purchased a pump I'm nervous to spend the money and then go bottle. May rent one. But will take hoy bath. Thx
    @misspregger6989 going to do that ice packs sounds like a good idea.
  • Hope you get some relief soon hun
  • @menemami my baby girl didn't get a good latch on til like a week into it. Always bring baby to boob not boob to baby. You will soon figure out how your baby likes to be held when feeding and how they eat to make it comfy for both of you.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.