yay girls name

edited August 2011 in Baby names
So me and bd can not agree on her name, and now I have 25 days left till my dd. So I told him a couple of days ago that im going to keep bugging him everyday till we have a name...lol. Well yesterday I went to work and was feeling sick to my stomach and weird, and maybe contractions too. So I asked like 3 different times...lol and then he told me you already have her name picked out and I said that he hasnt agreed, so we don't and he said that if he hadn't came up with one we could agree on then the one I picked could be it! So happy! Soooo drum roll plz...lol It would be Jazlyn, still not sure about a middle name though, thinking Jazlyn Violet Barber? What do you think? Our other daughters middle name is rose so wanted to kinda do a flower theme but doesnt have to be, any suggestions? Thanks :)

Comments

• Really pretty. I love it with Violet!! Other suggestions would be Lily or Poppy to keep with the flower theme
  • It's very cute :)
  • Love the flower idea :) n Jazlyn, I'm a sucker for unique names!
  • Yaaayyy!! My bf and I just agreed on a name and I have 32 days left! It's such a great feeling, isn't it!!! The only other flower I can think of that would sound okay as a middle name is Lily but I like Jazlyn Violet :)
  • @littlenat86 @jay_brad @stbmilitarybrat thanks it is so great to not have that stress anymore.I like violet too, my sis had twin girls and ones nane is lily so that wouldnt work, but its cute. And I like unique names to my other daughters name is Analaya rose ;)
    @loveourlittleone thanks!
  • *DAISY —Charming and simple, Daisy started off as a nickname for Margaret, now more popular than the original.
    *IRIS —Former dowdy old lady name revived when Jude Law and Sadie Frost chose it for their daughter.
    *JASMINE —The most exotic of the popular flower names, with many spelling variations: Jazmin, Jazzmyn et al. Related: Yasmine and cousins, along with the lovely British favorite Jessamine or Jessamyn, actually French for jasmine.
    *LILY —Also stylish as Liliana, Lilia, and in France, Lilou.
    * ROSE —The middle name of the moment, with many variations —from Rosa to Rosalia to Rosemary —that would make lovely first names.
    * VIOLET —The adorable daughter of celebrities Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck has brought this lush flower choice before the public eye. In France, Violette is chic,, while in Italian it’s Violetta. BRITISH BLOOMS The British are famous gardeners and have long been more hospitable to flower names than Americans. Here, some heard most often in the British Isles.
    *BRYONY —Name of a vine with green flowers, also spelled Briony, popular in England and rarely heard elsewhere.
    *FLORA —Vintage name with considerable charm.
    *IVY —Starting to emigrate to the U.S., possibly because of its stylish initial “I”.
    *MARIGOLD —Posh British choice rarely heard elsewhere.
    *PETUNIA —Outside of the U.K., only heard in cow fields.
    *PANSY —Adorable yet the teasing possibilities render this one an unlikely choice.
    *POPPY —Popular in Britain and beginning to be heard elsewhere too; a perfect companion for Daisy.
    *PRIMROSE —Prim and dainty yet offbeat, thequintessential British name.
    * AMARYLLIS —The flower may be similar to a lily, but the name is considerably more offbeat.
    * ASTER —The little girl on TV’s “Dexter” has this name, which could become more popular with the rise of the whole flower genre.
    *AZALEA —The z will definitely keep it exotic.
    *CALLA —Another lily relative, also similar to the trendy Callie/Kaylee family of names. *DAHLIA —This one seems to be percolating and we expect to hear more. *LILAC —The two l’s, the similarity to Lily, and the beautiful color and scent of the original flower make this choice a winner. *LOTUS —Only for the seriously exotic. *ORCHID —Another hothouse bloom not for the shy.
    *TULIP —Rebecca Romijn and Jerry O’Connell used this as a middle name for one of their twins, and singer Tiny Tim picked it as a first several decades ago. An everyday flower that makes a less-than-ordinary name.
    *AZAMI —Japanese for “thistle flower.” *FLEUR —International words for “flower,” which also include Flor and Fiorello/Fiorella, make inventive flower choices. *GELSEY —Persian for “flower,” a balletic choice.
    * IOLANTHE —Greek for “violet flower” —for those who want to make Violet a lot more exotic.
    * JACINTA —Spanish for hyacinth and more suited to use as a name.
    * LEILANI —Hawaiian name that means ‘heavenly flower” and also has stylish double L sound.
    *MARGUERITE —The French for daisy is newly chic there, as is Capucine, which means nasturtium in France.
    *ZAHARA —A Hebrew name meaning flower popularized when Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt chose it for their daughter.
    *ZINNIA —Any z name is off the beaten track.
    Shhessh hope that helps!!
  • Oh, Everly & Willow too :)
  • @jay_brad thanks I did look in a flower book too..lol but I think I like violet the best ;) Now to just get dad to say yes to both! But I think that will happen later dont want him to back out of the first name...lmao
  • @angierose3 no problem just trying to help ;)
  • edited August 2011
    I had a friend who's name wad Vionet wich I thought of putting it for my daughter:) but Violet is beutiful also!
  • I love the name!
  • Other suggetions?
  • I think its very pretty! After awhile I finally convinced my husband to agree to the name I picked also! Lol my baby girl will be Kaylan Rianna :)
  • @bigmamak Thanks, and thats good that he finally agreed, never thought mine would...lol Very cute ;)
  • i think it's adorable and you should keep it!! :) CONGRATS on deciding... that's so fun!!
  • @mrsrocketfield1221 Thanks, I really like it too ;)