Omg I dont know what to do (update #1)

edited September 2011 in September 2011
Im 39 weeks but measuring 44 weeks doctor said if that true baby weights about 10lbs......r u kidding me this baby is huge so I go thru for ultra sound n fri to make decision. My problem is im scared to have a c section.any mommy can give me sme kind of comfort or information about a c section

Had ultrasound 9-1-11 it turns out nothing was wrong it was just the way he was position I am still measuring up to my due date YAY...Thanks everyone for supporting me..

Ps.Another question how do I get baby to turn he is head down face up I know u can deliver like that but i heard it is a lot of back pain so its better to deliver head down face down.

Comments

• I had a c section in 08. It's not near as bad as people make it out be! I have large babies to. You don't feel anything during, except a little pressure. And, the best advice I can give is to get up and walk as soon as they allow you. Good luck!
  • @sands3 how long is the recovery and was there alot of pain afterwards
  • Awww that could be off. Are u a ftm? Do u have to have a csection? If not u should try for natural. I was only 19 when I had my daughter and I had her wit a midwife Ultrasound said she was bout 8 lbs the next day I had her she was 9lbs9oz big but beautiful princess! I had no episiotomy n had a tiny tear which needed only 1 stitch! U can do it mama!!! Perineal messages helped me tons! Good luck n I hope u meet ur lil blessing soon no matter which way
  • @First_tyme I was measuring 5wks ahead and had polyhydramnios which is too much fluid..they also said my baby would be over 10#. I did have extra fluid but they were wrong about how big baby was..he was only 6#13oz :-) just don't take what the ultrasound says as for sure fact cuz they are wrong a lot. good luck and update :-)
  • MY recovery was very quick. I mostly just had soreness after. The hardest part was getting out of bed. I had to roll. I would never tell someone to get a c section if they had another choice(I prefer it), but don't let people scare you out of it either.
  • when in the third trimester and they do ultrasounds to measure the baby its off by like 3 or 4 weeks
  • @sands3 is right u do whatever ur body feels comfortable with in the end cause its all about u n ur lil one! Btw that's my last name ;) well minus the 3 lol
  • @shayshay sands is your last name?
  • well good luck! i too am measuring 4 wks ahead. i had an ultra sound at 37 wks and she was 7 lbs then. but just remember ultra sounds are OFTEN wrong or way off
  • Thnx for tagging me...Oh no! That's what I'm afraid of! Hopefully they're wrong!!! I go to doc 2moro so we'll see what they say about me, im nervous! I know c sec is not a big deal but it scares me too! Good luck mama and keep us posted!
  • @sands3 yep is that urs?
  • edited August 2011
    I've heard that doctors that estimate weight are usually 2pounds off..honey don't worry God wont give you anything you cannot handle :X
  • @First_tyme When I had my first I was told on a Friday by ultrasound that my baby was weighing 10 lbs, so they scheduled me to be induced for vaginal delivery the following monday. I had my daughter that day and she only weighed 7 lbs 2 oz. I measured big from week 32 on 6 weeks over because of the excessive amniotic fluid I was carrying. Don't worry chic!
  • @shayshay yes I am a ftm n I am 20yrs I will find out fri if I have to have a c section or not
    @mnbaby3 I know because I just had an ultrasound on fri n I was at 38 weeks which was where I was suppose to b n he was measuring 7lbs 12oz then all ofa sudden today at my apt im measuring 44weeks im socked by the dramatic change n 4 days
    @sands3 I dnt think the rolling part would b difficult because I roll out of bed now lol n thanks for the support
    @newmomma13 thanks my friend said that also
    Thanks everyone ill keep u updated
  • I saw on YouTube a lady giving birth to a 10 pound baby.
  • Wat perineal massage n how do u do it @shayshay
  • @lubz its something my midwife showed me n my hubby how to do. U use a lil bit of lub on ur fingers which ever u feel comfortable with n u insert them in to ur vagina n slowly stretch downward n to da sides not too much tho just till u feel a lil tingle u just do that for a few min a day n it improves the elasticity of ur skin down their. I usually had my man do it cause its hard reaching around a big ol belly but when I had to do it myself my midwife said even just rubbing around ur vaginal opening wit a lil bit of lub or vitamin e oil will stimulate the skin n help out. Oh it helped a ton cause my lil girl was huge. I didn't do it every day just a few times a week n it still helped. N lots of sex in the end helps with the elasticity too! Good luck
  • @lubz its something my midwife showed me n my hubby how to do. U use a lil bit of lub on ur fingers which ever u feel comfortable with n u insert them in to ur vagina n slowly stretch downward n to da sides not too much tho just till u feel a lil tingle u just do that for a few min a day n it improves the elasticity of ur skin down their. I usually had my man do it cause its hard reaching around a big ol belly but when I had to do it myself my midwife said even just rubbing around ur vaginal opening wit a lil bit of lub or vitamin e oil will stimulate the skin n help out. Oh it helped a ton cause my lil girl was huge. I didn't do it every day just a few times a week n it still helped. N lots of sex in the end helps with the elasticity too! Good luck
  • Stupid phone sorry triple post
  • @shayshay thanks alot I really appreciate that
  • My first was estimated to be 7lbs and was 9lbs 6oz.