Creative minds needed!!! Help us put two names together!

edited August 2011 in Baby names
My husband and I want to honor both of our Grandmothers who passed away this year. His Grandma was Dolores and mine was Rosetta. We want to somehow combine the names and are ok with using variants of the names.

We would like to use Dolores and Rosetta, some how combine them to form a middle name. Variants that we thought of are Dolora (Dolores in Italian), Rose, Rosalia, Rosa, Rosalie, but we can't figure out how to combine them...Dolorosa??? :/

The first name that we are looking at adding to our list is Giuliana and this middle name will go with it.

TIA :)

Comments

• Giuliana Delarose or Delarosa
  • Ooooooo...I like both! @lilyanahsmama
  • Rora is the only one I can think of right now, I will let you know if I come up with anymore lol.
  • Glad I could help ;)
  • @lindseynicole96 Rora is an interesting combination! I would have never thought of it. Thank you!
  • Or you could always use two different middle names and incorporate Dolores and Rosetta into those choices(:
  • Rosalores? Idk, those r some old school names, pretty, but hard to blend
  • Lora would work too! Lor from one and A from the other! Or maybe DOLsetta instead of ROsetta?! Or Doletta... Talor (end of RosetTA and middle of DoLORes)... Hrm, I think that's all I have lol or maybe if you wanted both you could do two middle names hyphened like Dolora-Rose?! Goodluck!! :)
  • edited August 2011
    All great suggestions! You are all WAY better at this than we are ;) Keep them coming! :)
  • Dellarose?
  • edited August 2011
    Talore (De*lore*s) ( Roset*ta*) :) pronounced Taylor :)
  • edited August 2011
    Deloretta
    Rosalette
    Derosa
    Ettalore
  • edited August 2011
    Saelore (lore from Delores) (Sae from Rosetta.)
    Love the name saylor :)
  • Thank you so much ladies!

Hubby has agreed on Delarose @lilyanahsmama @5lilangels or Lora @stbmilitarybrat

Giuliana Delarose or Giuliana Lora! Now we just need to decide :)
  • I know I mentioned Lora lol but I agree, Giuliana Delarose! It flows a lot better and sounds so pretty!! :D
  • Wow me and my husband has the same issue. His grandmother pratically was his mother she passed however in 2002 so I never had the honor of meeting her but she was the love of his life. Her name was Claudia May, my grandma is still alive however has been diagnosed again with cancer this time its going to take her life. She is fighting with us haven't took the turn for the worst but she is my all. Her name is Arcola Dee. We always said if we had a girl her name flat out would be Claudia Dee Latimer, however my husband changed his mind why I don't know. I think he want our family to have names that begins with a D which is fine. But I don't know I would love to honor our grammys. My due date is a day before my grandmas bday and I wish god would send this baby out of me on her bday that would just make her soo proud but I know I don't have too much control over that. However enough about me.

When I seen the two lovely names first and that popped in my head is Delarose. Its a classic name and combines their names together. Someone else put it as an option actually a few people did. I agree this one by far is my favorite. Hope you like and figure it out soon. My baby girl still has no name lol. Good luck hun.
  • Roseres :-) (rose-air-ez)

• Loretta? The Lore from Dolores and etta from Rosetta
  • @mattandmallory27 wow! That suggestion was like the icing on the cake! It's perfect! My other Grandma and Great Grandma were both named Loretta!!! Haha! It covers pretty much all the Grandma's! It's on the list now! Delarose and Loretta :)