Anyone having trouble sleeping?

edited August 2011 in November 2011
Ugh. I can't fall asleep til 12am. Its horrible. I wake up so tired I want to faint. I wake up at 6am.
Its hot (I live in AZ) so everything makes me agitated when I'm laying in bed.
And then RLS hits.

What do you ladies do to fall asleep? Any tips?

Does anyone else have this problem?

Being pregnant in the summer...not fun. Lol.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    I have this problem. Always have really but it's gotten soooo sooo much worse during pregnancy. I have RLS that could beat my dh down lol. I try to make sure right before I go to bed....Like right! before I do something that works my legs out and makes them really really tired then I take a warm shower and leg my legs soak up the heat. And try to go to sleep before my legs start tripping out again. If that doesn't work sometimes putting a heating pad on my knees helps with the leg jerking...This is all just my experience though. Yours may be different.

Ugh and I understand the heat. I'm over here in southeast texas and it's sooo hot and humid. It's like breathing jello =p And my dang body is so ridiculous. I literally can NOT sleep if the temp in the house is above 68...I will toss and turn for hrs until I give in and put it on 65
  • I have issues with getting to sleep too. The RLS is part of it. I find what works for me is a good soak, and for the nights it really bothers me to take a benedryl.
  • Benedryl and Advil PM give me RLS as well. Lol. Its the worst. I have a body pillow I use but bc its so hot I can't use it. Then I use a fan turned on me and the blowing air makes my hair or sheets tickle. I try to take cold showers but with the temp being 115* in the day and 102* at night there's no cold water in the whole valley. Its like...can't a girl get comfortable??? Lol. The Worst.
  • I drink a cup of camomile tea. I ice it down & put very little sugar in. it's relaxing & keeps lil man quiet for a while longer.
  • Yes! It's mostly due to me not being able to get comfortable. Then I'm waking up every few hours to pee or waking up because my carpal tunnel is hurting.
  • i have trouble sleeping but its just cause my hubby works night shift. its really hard for me to fall asleep in an empty bed.

well that and i wake up every hour from either a nightmare, or i have to pee, or my body is aching in some way... lol

i've actually found that drinking something hot right before bed helps me get to sleep.
  • I have been having trouble sleeping as well. It has been happening to me since my first trimester. When it began I went four days with no sleep at all. My doctor told me that I could take a 15 mg benedryl every night or take a Tylenol pm a couple times a week. I did it for the first night with the benedryl and it didn't work for me. I have also had problems with my sciatic nerve since my third month and can never sleep more than 4 hours with out it going out on me. I have been to the hospital twice due to this nerve and also have had discussions with my doctor every visit about it. Now my doctor has prescribed me Tylenol 3 with codeine to help deal with the pain and that way it won't take me out for days like it has before. I only take that though when I absolutely need to. But usually just bypass it because I don't want my son getting the codeine. I am also on Tylenol pm's every night now. But I don't take them during the week because I also have a 7 year old son that depends on me to get on the bus every morning. When I do take them they knock me out for 9 hours or more. So I usually wait til the weekend is here. I also have problems being alone in my bed. My bf usually doesn't get home until 3 am or later and I got spoiled in the beginning of him putting me to sleep every night by rubbing my hair or massaging my back. Last night I got 2 hours of sleep. Went to bed tonight at 11 and woke back up at 2:30. And now I am wide awake. I do miss my sleep so very much but more importantly I am worried about my son. I know I need rest but I just can't get it :( Sorry I am rambling. Just wanted to let you know that I feel you and am going through the same thing. Try a Tylenol pm one night and see if that helps you. But remember to only take 2 in a week unless otherwise instructed by your doctor.
  • I havnt got rls but I fell asleep around 12am last nite, woke at 3am. Took a while to sleep again and them woke at 8.30am. I'm only 7weeks and already have heartburn aswell. I can't get comfy and I'm in Australia. It's the start of spring and not even warm yet...
  • I'm been like that since 20 weeks so now 27weeks I'm getting use to it