contractions/ braxton Hicks???

edited August 2011 in Pregnant
How many can you have in an hour before you should be worried? it doesn't hurt, but I just had 3 in 20 minutes. At what point am I supposed to call my Dr?

Comments

• Before 37 weeks they suggest no more than 4 in an hour. After 37 weeks no worries on how many.
  • I had another one which makes 4 in 30 minutes. Now waiting on a call back from Dr... They didn't seem too concerned though.
  • @mrs4c thanks for responding. Turns out I was having contractions. They were getting closer and closer. Went to l&d and they gave me meds to so them.
  • Oh yeah! Did you get the shot or IV? The shots suck! I've been in and out with premature contractions since week 28, I'm 35 weeeks now. Glad you ended up going in. :) How many weeks are you. I recognize you a bit but can't remember when you're due.
    :)
  • I got the shot, yeah it Kinda sucked. Made me all jittery. I'm 30 weeks :)
  • Yay @littlepeanut1 we are getting closer! Only ten weeks to go!
  • My doc says 6 in an hour
  • Aww! Lol why aren't you getting them? they are Kinda expensive... But I just couldn't resist! it's my birthday present to myself! Lol I was surprised they came out so well :) @littlepeanut1
  • I been to l&d twice. For preterm labor. First time I got to shots to stop contractions second time I got three bags of magnesium thru an iv.
  • An hour away? That stinks! I went 30 minutes away just cuz it was cheaper. I ended up spending $139 for 30 minute session. It was only supposed to be 20 minutes but she just kept scanning :) if it's financially feasible I definitely recommend doing it, it's so awesome to watch!
  • @flycandygirl22 that does not sound fun! I'm hoping that this was a one time thing! I hate IVs!