Update on my delivery (September Moms Labor Dust in August)

edited September 2011 in September 2011
Hey ladies I just wanted to say thanks to all of you who sent your best wishes and I wanted to let yall know how things turned out during my delivery. So to try n make it kind of brief I was due Sept.11th and went into labor at 37 weeks 4 days after a long midnight walk on Aug.25th at 6am in the morning. I was sound asleep in my bed when I was all of sudden awaken by a pop then a gush of fluid and I knew it was time. I didnt make it to the hospital until 9am and since I was a first time mom and my water wasnt leaking as much when I got there they thought I was mistaken my water being rupture from random urine slipping. Im like I know the difference from my water being broke than me just randomly urinating on myself (lol) So after three times of checking my cervix and even during a ultrasound to confirm my fluid amount they finally admitted me when my water nearly gushed out in front of their faces (ha). I didnt have any contractions for the first 7 hours of my labor so they decided to give me the protocin and I didnt start feeling my contractions until about 4 or 5 hours after that and it hurted like sh#t like a pain thats indescribable like something I wouldnt even wish on my worst enemy. I started to dilated further n further like every 30 minutes or so. I didnt want to get the epidural but I couldnt take it anymore n well what do you know my little girl was coming so fast they didnt even get a chance to give me the epidural just the first dose of the spinal shot which wore off less than 15 minutes so by the time it was time to start pushing which was around 11pm or so I ended up feeling the whole ya digg down there. I would say the actual birthing process wasnt bad but those d#mn contractions will make a grown man cry. I didnt delivery my baby girl until after midnight on Aug.26th, she weighed 6lbs6oz 18in long but overall very healthy (thank God) We came home from the hospital after 2 days and at the moment me and my beautiful bundle of joy are safe, healthy, n I am so grateful to have her in my presence I wouldnt trade it in for anything in or beyond this world. Well congrats and here's some labor dust to all you preggos awaiting out there (whooshhhh) n best wishes to all the ladies who already delivered. I will continue to remain here on pregly even though things are going to be quite busy around here. Im not an expert because this was my first experience but Im willing to help anybody if I can so if any of you out there have any questions or want to know how things are going with the baby just hit me up in the inbox or whatnot, thanks :) ;-) :-@