Bleeding after delivery

edited September 2011 in Loss
Ok mommas as many of you know I gave birth a week ago today. I had an infection that caused us to loose the baby. Yesterday and today my bleeding is much worse and the cramping is unbearable. It feels like contractions all over again. Then I feel like pressure and have heavy bleeding with clots. Is this normal....it hurts very bad!

Comments

• The pressure could be your tummy contracting. It will still do this until it goes back to normal. The bleeding can last till 12 weeks. Clots I'm not sure of. Do you still have the infection? I'd call the hospital just incase. Xx
  • The big clots and bleeding are pretty normal for a few weeks after delivery from what I remember when I had my son 3 years ago. I don't remember it being painful though. Did your doc give you pain meds? If so, I'd take one.
  • Nope no pain meds nor any pain until yesterday. I ask about antibiotics and they said after the placenta come out it would be gone. As long as it is normal I will call tomorrow and get some called in. Thanks ladies!
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I'm so sorry you have to go through this mama. Its not normal to feel like labor again. I had that and it was because of placenta pieces left over. Did your doctor do an ulrltrasound at your followup? To make SURE? YOU have been in my thoughts.
  • @ll10 I am going to call him this morning. Did not sleep much last night because of the pain.
  • @babynewyear2012 I hope they have some answers for you!
  • I called and the nurse said it was normal. I have been feeling better today. Thanks for checking @ll10