My manager sucks!

So 8 days after giving birth and loosing our daughter the assistant administrator calls acting all concerned and telling me how sorry she is she was not at the funeral services. I thought it was a nice call but then it went to your manager is here with me and we need to know when you are coming back to work.....wth! I did have a vaginal delivery and still recovering from 10 weeks of bedrest. My manager said nothing at all! I have worked at this company for 17 years and get treated this way....they posted my job so needless to say I may not have a job in six weeks. I think I have to worry about myself first and recovery! BTW nobody in management called or come to my babies services until today. Vent over! Thanks for listening.

Comments

• That's ridiculous! You should still get your 6 weeks. : ( The six weeks is for you to heal, it has nothing to do with your baby. Is there someone higher up you can call and talk to?
  • Smh. That is some b.s.
  • That sounds like a lawsuit
  • @laura536 oh yes! I am friends with the CEO and VP of our company. I did get a card from them. It is the largest medical facility in our area so I have to calm down first. Cant say anything to get fired for good.
  • I would definitely call hr or something. I'm pretty sure it's not legal to give away your job while on maternity leave.
  • Ugh that sucks. :(
  • That's horrible and the last thing you need to worry about now. Legally they have to maintain ur position or something equal to it until your doc gives you medical clearance which would be 6 weeks pp. Good luck to you just put it up in gods hands.
  • Omg! This is the worlds most screwed up situation! When it rains it pours! Im sure things will work out for the best!
  • They said it is because FMLA only holds your job for 12 weeks. By the time I can return it will be 15 weeks. I just feel like the way it was presented was completely heartless. There is no way they can train someone to do everything I do in 6 weeks. I would love to see them try. I work at a large cancer center with 5 doctors. Nobody ever stays longer than 2 years because of the stress level. I have enough to worry about right now. I am not emotionally or physically ready to go back!
  • One would think they would be compassionate people given they work in a cancer center. Shame on them for not treating your loss with more respect and dignity. Does your place of work have leave for barevement? I would look into that too. God bless.
  • One would think they would be compassionate people given they work in a cancer center. Shame on them for not treating your loss with more respect and dignity. Does your place of work have leave for barevement? I would look into that too. God bless.
  • @brendalou Get this....we get 3 long days! Not long enough at all when you loose a baby! My manager doesnt have a bit of compassion in her body. I lost a coworker to cancer and she did not even go to her funeral. Heartless!!!!
  • edited September 2011
    I think they can give your job they just have to bring you back with similar hours/pay. That said what colossal f*ckers!!!
  • @beaded_bunny...lol I wanted to say that but was afraid I would get in trouble. I like to think god will deal with them in his own way. I dont wish harm to them or any family members but just some type of stress!
  • Hum didn't think about that. . .I edited lol
  • I liked it the way it was!!
  • I want to put a picture of Addison in her face and ask her honestly could you answer tge questions you ask me about my job and emotional stability after holding this angel in your arms....
  • Wow. Absoluyely terrible. Another ave ypu might be able to explore would be maybe a therapist could put you on disability for grief? Which would be completely valid. Have they completely refused to work with you on the matter? I think some karma needs to be thrown their way.
  • @brendalou This was the first time I have heard from them since going out for surgery and bedrest on june 23rd. I guess that is one reason I am so angry at them. I am just a number to them!
  • You can have fmla for different reasons. Maybe go to a therapist like pp suggested and have fmla for grief then you would have another 12 weeks if you needed it, hope it all works out, employers can be really shitty...
  • I feel ya. the company I work for is the same way. They never tell you amythimg you need to know till it's almost too late :-(