newborns & car rides *** ???

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
I'm ftm so I have no clue about this ....
Me and my so moved two hours away from where we used to live &I've been staying at my family's house (*to stay close to my doctor I've had my whole pregnancy*) until my baby arrives... well needless to say the 2hour drive will eventually have to be done... I'm so nervous though!!! Is it OK to have a newborn in the car for 2hours??? :'( I'm so stressed.

Comments

• I'm pretty sure it is ok...Newborns sleep the day anyway.
  • Of course it is! You might have to pull over if baby cries, but when I have to be in the car long periods i get get nice and full and change her and she just sleeps :) you're good lady
  • @new_mommie11 I'm just so nervous.. its just going to be me and him in the car so I know ill want to stop every 5 min to check on him :( ....
  • @akmommy that's reassuring I'm just so afraid all this sids talk has me on edge!!! :( I know if my baby doesn't make noise or something for awhile I'm going to be freaked out! :(
  • 2 hrs is nothing....My son is 2 months now and I was thinking about taking a 12 hr. drive by myself but after thinking about it I think were going to take the easy way and fly
  • You could get those mirrors, you put one on the back window and one by your rearview window and then you can see baby the whole time. It can be frustrating to stop over and over so I would def put the baby to sleep first :)
  • @akmommy so how long you suggest o wait to drive up?? A week? 2??
  • Were taking a long car rude today. Round trip is over 4 hours. So far lil man has slept the whole car ride. But I get to sit in back with him while hubby drives. So its easer for me.
  • If someone else is driving you can always sit in back with baby just to make urself more at ease thts wat I did with my first if I wasn't driving I always sat in back with her for a while.
  • @aydonsmommy @Mackenzies_mama2010 well that's the thing .. I have to drive up there alone.. so I don't have the constant reassurance that he's OK back there :(
  • Honestly it would be up to you. I think you would be fine at any age. The do sleep a LOT longer in the beginning so it might be the best time
  • @akmommy idk I'm just so nervouss :( .. but thanks for advice
  • I completely understand that lady! I feel that way every time I have to take her some where by myself, try not to stress and just go when you're comfortable :)
  • @akmommy thank you!! I'm just so aggrivated I asked my SO to ride with me but he wont even try to find a way too.. he says there is no way... when in reality he could ask his parents to drive his truck back or something... at least try to ride back with me so that I'd be comforted .. but no. He's an ass. :(
  • It will be fine. Try to plan to travel right after you feed him, so he'll be more likely to sleep the whole way. And plan for the trip to take longer than usual so you can stop and check on him whenever you want.

He's fine to travel right away, but you may want to wait a few days or more, because it can be really uncomfortable for you to sit for that long.
  • That's lame! I'm sorry! He should care more since its his child too. I think once baby is here and you get your mommy routine down you'll be okay with the drive
  • @akmommy thank you dear n I hope!!!
    @laura536 thanks for advice Hun!! I hope everything goes smooth!