Having a cow baby

edited September 2011 in September 2011
Just got back from my 37 week check up and since Mr Cruz has been measuring big I got another us....he's dropped into position and still in my ribs! So he's very long and weighing in at 7lbs! His little face is so fat :) My doctor said he is expecting me to go into labor this weekend which sucks because I'm in new Orleans expecting a tropical storm to hit all weekend but if I don't go in by Wednesday I'll be induced Thursday!!!

Comments

• I hate when they decide to induce you because they think the baby is too big, with my first they said she was going to be 9 pounds and she was 7 pounds, with my newborn they said right before I gave birth that she was at 8 pounds and she was born with 9 pounds, their measurements are way off sometimes
  • I wouldn't be okay with it but for me better safe than sorry,my husband is 6'5 and I'm 5'0 our daughter was 8 pounds and 23 inches when she came at 38 weeks and almost caused me a section. The boys in my husbands family have all been 10 pounds or larger so it makes since to take him at 38 weeks having a section with 4 kids to tend to after wouldn't be good for me. @Janet_2011
  • Oh I see.. Yeah you would have a huge baby if you wait more o.o since the babies keep coming bigger each time and I hope everything goes well
  • Years ago nine pound babies went considered to big. My bother and sisters were eight n nine pounders
  • Thanks @Janet_2011 :)

And I know that 8-9 pound babies aren't "huge" babies @mandac10 lots of people I know have had 8,9,and 10+ pound babies...my doctor just knows that we had a really hard time getting my 8 pound baby out and that for me personally 8 pounds is too much to safely have.

• At 35 weeks they told me he was already 6 lbs and would likely be over 8 lbs. Today at my 39 week us they said he is 6 lbs 7 oz and would likely be just shy of 7 lbs at birth... the moral of the story is that ultrasounds just provide an estimate.