Fish market fiasco

Sooooo... I met my mom, aunt and cousin in South Philly to finalize the details for my baby shower cake and then we went for lunch at the Italian Market, a place my mom suggested. This fish market has a restaurant inside but you have to walk past all the fresh fish outside and in the front to get in. I gagged and heaved just getting to the table then I was fine. Had a fresh, delicious lunch (ate too much) and then we left. Of course, I gagged violently on the way out. THEN I proceeded to BLOW CHUNKS all over the street and sidewalk right outside the restaurant and next to the outdoor fish. It was simultaneously gross, sad, and funny. My Mom just looked totally shocked. Oh well...UGH! Anyway, who the eff puts a nice restaurant smack in the middle of a bunch of stinky ass fresh fish?! D'uh! :0&

Comments

• Lol I live next to bayou la batre. The place they filmed forest gump so there are seafood shops around every turn! My favorite Pho restaurant is dead in the center so I have to hold my breath and run inside so I don't get sick... rotten fish smell is not one of my favorites!!!!
  • Aw!!!
    It's funny but I'm sorry that happened.
    And I agree, who does put a restaurant in front of a fish market?!
  • I do things like that. Im 34 weeks tomorrow, and raw meat still bothers me, and dirty dishes. Anything with a strong smell. Other then smell goods. Lol
    I do hate the fact you couldn't keep your nice, good food down. :(
  • I'm mad cuz I had shrimp and crab cream chowder, seasoned fries, cole slaw, and broiled crab cakes, no filler! Fml...
  • aw man that sounds soo good. I haven't had good sea food in so long. I'm sorry it ended so badly.
  • @littlefae The good news is I only ate half of it and I was stuffed so Kelly gets to enjoy the rest. It was very tasty...going down.
  • @blueberrysmom - Well, at least you did get to enjoy it! They should make up for putting you through that and deliver the meal to your house lol
  • All that does sound good! Lol :) id been mad too!
  • Oh man! I bet crab cream chowder did not feel good coming up!
  • I don't wanna laugh, but who can help it?!? I would've been right next to you barfing if I'd been there cuz that's what belly buddies do lmao!
  • That happens to me all the time and there are no fish markets near. I will go out and get the best food, fill my craving and something so stupid will set off my gag reflex. Like a dead skunk Any random smell that you can't plan for. So I feel your pain! And its a waste of money to eat then throw up! I'm always hungry after. I love being pregnant, I hate having a sensitive nose! :(
  • @tishj330 See, that's why I love you. You a ride or die type of buddy!