Who had GOOD results with depo??

edited September 2011 in Health
I've heard enough bad reviews and I already got it so there's no turning back now. I just wanna hear if anyone had god results with it? :)

Comments

• No one had good results?! @HomeBirthAdvocate what are your thoughts on it?! I'm freaking out now.
  • Well as far as bc goes, for me, it did its job...lol But once I stopped it I gained weight (which like you said wouldnt be THAT BAD for you) Then my dr told me if/when you stop it, its still in your system for some months afterwards. Ive read reviews on women who stopped taking the shots, hoping to concieve soon after and had trouble. Well I was supposed to get my second shot in Sept. and by April I was pregnant. Not trying/not preventing (shocked to say the least) All of these years having slip ups/ttc and nothing ever happened and when I stop depo I fall pregnant... go figure
  • I was on depo once upon a time but I didn't have good results though

Bump
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I only got 2 shots of it which was 6 months long loved how you don't have your period for 3 months but it made my hair fall out really bad
  • Its not without its side effects. I was on it for a year. Stopped & gained lots of weight which triggered my pcos into full drive & I developed health issues. That being said...

Its not good for those with pcos!
  • I was on it for five yrs and loved it.
  • It did the job for me too. But that's the only good thing i have to say lol
  • Pcos is Poly Cystic Ovarian Syndrome. Basically my ovarys don't always ovulate but produce cysts. Also our hormones are wacky...we have more testosterone or androgins. & insulin resistance, infertility high blood pressure. Plus more. Its a messed up thing because some women develope some effects while others don't. Medicine helps. Some women choose to go with herbs. Birth control helps with the hormones....in my case. But for others it doesn't help. There's no set treatment that works for everyone. Its a trial & error kinda thing.
  • Yep that's how I feel sometimes! I feel better bout it now but after receiving treatment to combat some of these issues! I thought I wouldn't see 30. But here I am 30 & pregnant with our 2nd child! Our first is 11yrs old. I've developed high blood pressure & diabetes but if I can keep them controlled ill be good!
  • I only had one shot of it and didnt have a problem. I was hoping to gain weight but I didnt.. my friend was on it for a long time and now she hasnt had a regular period since she got off of it
  • I was on depo for 4 years and loved it. No period after the first shot. I did gain some wight and my toes got hairy lol but when I came off of it both of those went away. It did take a while for my period to come back though
  • I loved it until I found out on my own that it put me at risk for bone loss.
  • I loved depo! I was on it for 10 years. The only reason I'm not now is that we are spontaneous on when we want our next baby and depo it takes a while for your body to get back on schedule. Make sure you get lots of calcium and you will be good :)
  • i had it for 3 years! came of took 10 months for 1st period couple more months till they were regular expecting same this time round was suppose to have a jab last September but never and fell pregnant in December but that night we decided to try any way (thinking after last time it would take ages)

only problem i ever had was i let a student DR give me it (thinking everyone gotta learn some how) well she put it to far up my back and like nearly in middle walked about 3 mins up road and couldn't walk had to ring my mum and her an my brother came and had to carry me home i had no feeling from waist down for a few hours was really scary! but a trained doctor said that was due to were the trainee put it not the actual depo, so just make sure they put it at top of your a$$
  • I only tried it once a couple years back but didn't get it again because I gained some weight..after that I got on the pill and that's what I stayed on for years and it had, never failed me lol.

My 16 year old neighbor was on the depo shot and ended up pregnant last year. We were shocked because she was on it for months and want due for the next shot when she got bad cramps went to the ER and found out she was preg
  • I loved it. No weight gain. No periods. I am going back on it.
  • I only didn't do it because I didn't want to gain weight. I did the patch instead and it worked great until I gained weight anyway and it gave me panic attacks. My body doesn't react well to hormones tho.
  • I got 1 shot and had my period every day for the 3 months.. guess you can say it did its job since I couldn't have sex BC I was bleeding! Lol
  • Hated it made me gain weight yuck but its different for everyone !
  • Was on it for over 12 years...I loved it! No periods or bad side effects. When I decided to try to get pregnant I went off deposit and on the pill for 6 months to regulate my cycle. I think it is a great option!
  • I did. I was on it 14 yrs. Had no problems gettin preggo. I got 3 youngins. But I cant have it no more cause of the bone thing. They dont like you to be on it for more than 2 yrs now. I loved it
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I started to gain some weight while on it so i stopped taking it. When i stopped i gained 30lbs in a few months.