Am I being to harsh?! Or just getting more emotional?

Comments

• U don't need added stress on u when giving birth. If he was abusive to u before then u sure don't need to get back in that situation or put ur baby in it
  • Girl you have to be strong for yourself and your daughter. If he was abusive before why wouldn't he be now. You aren't being harsh at all you are protecting yourself. If you thought it was the best thing to do before then that hasn't changed. I think not letting him be there would be for the best
  • I dont think you are being too harsh at all.. especially since he was abusing you physically, mentally, and emotionally. You want someone supportive to be there for you & he does not sound supportive. I'm sure it sucks having to do it alone, but you dont want someone like that in your little girls life if you can help it. Do you have any close friends or family that can drive you to the hospital when its time and be there for your during the labor part?
  • Your not being harsh, you have to think about what's right for you and your baby, and if he didn't care about the restraining order which is law binding what makes you think he will respect your wishes during the birth? If he hasnt sought help for his anger and issues than you shouldn't allow him around you or baby until he does.
  • edited March 2012
  • Not at all! Being apart of that experience is not a right, it's a privilege. If he treated you so horribly before, he doesn't deserve it whatsoever. And maybe he'll think a little more next time he tries to abuse someone. Asshole.
  • @BentleysMommy thank you, you are so right about it being a privilege not a right. i dident see it like that before!
  • Also girl I have been n an abusive relationship too, physically, emotionally, & mentally as well. We would split up & hr would come begging back making promises that it would never happen again but it did. To the point he held me hostage n my home with a knife & beat me!! I had to go along with what he said to calm him down & make him think we was going to work it out to get him to leave. I called 911 & after a trip to hospital for 12 stitches to my mouth & police filing aggravated kidnapping charges with bodily injury charges on him my nightmare was over. He hasn't been to trial yet but facing alot of jail time. thank the Lord i livrd through it & we had no children!! So please be careful for u & ur baby, it can go from bad to worse really fast!!!
  • If he'll hurt you while the baby was in your belly.... not only will he hurt you after but possibly hurt the baby. Stay strong I feel your doing the right thing he made the choice to not be present for the birth the Day he became an abuser....all you did was make a GREAT choice to protect your baby! ;)
  • You're not doing anything wrong. He doesn't need to be around that baby if he's abusive.

I did everything alone with my first daughter and the dad was there! Trust me doing it alone is rewarding :)
  • Good for you. You just have to stay strong and keep your head up. I know what its like to go through the whole pregnancy alone and the fear of being a single mom. Its not easy and you get lonley sad and you feel like you just want him there so you have someone to share everything with. I went through it with my bd. But its not always the best option. All you can do now is stay strong and try to keep your mind off of it :)
  • Not harsh! I would choose staying away from someone would harmed me anyday over being a family. He can also continue doing that if you do go back to him. I really don't think you would want that especially with your baby there. So I would focus and be the best single mother I could be.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.