water broke (very long)**update glad to be home away from him

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
I leaked a lil earlier
Then now I was fixing to sit on bd lap and leaked again I stood there a sec then was gonna go change and then more leaking I didn't have to pee it wasn't enough to run down my leg but enough to wet my pants crotch area

**update story**

I went to l&d at around 9pm
Was checked to see if it was amniotic fluid came back positive and then was checked for dilatation by nurse shawna she said I was 3cms 25 effaced and -4station then I had iv put in and blood taken they called my dr to let him know and since I was doing this naturally he said I could me monitored 20mins then I could walk around and do stuff
My contractions were mild and every 2-4mins then started to get a lil stronger but I didn't feel em just what showed on the chart

So I walked and bounced on the birthing ball was still leaking every 5-10mins a small gush would come out so I was wearing pads also had mucus and the fluid. Smelled sweetish

I stayed up til 4:30am walking and bouncing then took a nap til 5:45am
My other nurse. Steffani said she was going to check my dilatation again before her shift ended so at 6:15 am she checked me I was still at 3 cms 50% effaced

I was given applejuice and ice chips and I continued walking still leaking

The new shift nurses came in and she put me on moniter for a few mins I told her I had my bloody show when I went to the restroom @ 7:20 am

She said okay and the dr would be in in a sec
He came in and said were gonna have to put you on pitocine(sp) but I didn't want it he said I didn't have a choice because of risk of infection (note: I've read and was told by the nurses it was 48 hrs not 12 and that I could refuse alsong as baby was not in destress one nurse suggested being put on antibiotics to reduce risks she had heard about it being done) I asked and he said no that I was being put on it but he was going to check dilatation first
he said I was 2cms and 100% effaced and also didn't think my water was broken so he was gonna check my cervix cause he doesn't beloeve in those swans that turn navy blue when positive
So he he incerted that thing for pap smears took a swab too look under the microscope (nothing that was being done to me was being explained so I had to keep on asking and the nurse would tell me

When he left my emotions over took me and I burst into tears I did not want to have to be induced I wanted to try on my own I was so mad and felt helpless I just wanted to go home and get away from him
The nurse and bd tried to comfort me and the nurse said again you have every right to refuse pitosin

The dr came back said it wasn't my water and he was sending me home
I was so relived I thank god sooo much for letting me have options that the dr was not going to let me have

10:30ish am I got dressed still leaking and waited to be discharged I was so happy to be getting sent home

I dislike my dr a lot he makes me feel stupid and like he doesn't care
I will be having an at home birth next time

So I let everyone know what was happening and everyone was so confused
They kept telling me to change drs and other things

I'm glad to be home
Even if its without baby this time

Lesson I've learned is to be patient
god has his plans I was so eagered to have baby but I'm glad to wait now cause the outcome of the drs first plan I was not happy with I thank god for letting me have another chance to go natural

Comments