I think they just to ignorant :-(

edited September 2011 in Birth Stories
Well I just gave birth 12 days ago to a beautiful healthy baby girl .I love her so much .Well this is the problem I am sick of my mom calling me cow n oh u fat look at ur belly Omg work out u gonna stay like that etc ugh the worst she started telling me dad when I was pregnant .I tell her shut up lady I just had my bb relax ,but I feel like she just want me to feel bad or she's jealous Idk :( I am a size 8 right now n I think that's not a bad size but this lady does make me feel like shit :( n its working , then my mother in-law she's a great person but also stupid ignorAnt like my mom honestly what's wrong w this ppl ,I don't think they have any idea how bad they make me feel sometimes I just want to cry ...my sister is the only 1 that defends me n tells me relax u just give birth don't stress it .when she talks to me she cheers me up a lil ...Anyone going thrue the same drama ?

Comments

• Yeppers my mom said same things also caused me to b anorexic in high school she recently told me my 2 month old weighted too much I blew up
  • I think.if anyone tried to pull that with me they would loose baby privileges. Nooned has the right *or frankly should be stupid enough* to tell a still hormonal woman that shes fat. . . Its not like the skin just springs back into prepregnancy shape over night. I'm pissed off for you hun. Give your sister a hug for me
  • @beaded_bunny I know honestly my mother don't think before she talks ugh...oh about my SIS ok I will ;-)
  • @oregonmama Idk lately that's like her favorite topic n its really getting on my freaking nerves cause she don't care who's around ..
  • I already warned my mom about telling me Im fat after having my baby... I told her I would punch her in the boob or call her fat right back if she says that crap to me... she and everyone else in my family has taken a liking to calling me fat while I am pregnant, I HAVE GAINED 70 LBS!! I TAKE SERIOUS OFFENSE TO THAT!! So after I have my baby I will be on my toes about yelling at people for mentioning my weight. eff that. And you should really say some serious shit to your mom about that, its not okay to purposfully give you daughter self esteem issuse right after she has a baby..... NOT OKAY. :< your mom offends me. lol.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Tell her to back the hell off!!! Just blow up on her! It will make you feel better :)
  • @mshahir I didn't want to think she was but honestly it sounds like she is jealous Omg my own mother
  • @mommyoftwoprincesses my hubby tells me the same thing u telling me :-) I think I should act the same w her to c if she like it
  • edited September 2011
    That's pretty awful. Do your best to ignore it. People only say things like that when they are insecure themselves...they try to take the focus off of their insecurities and direct it at someone else. Just focus on your baby. Your body will do what it needs to...don't worry. It can take a while to get back to normal, it took me about 12 months, but it will happen. Meanwhile, just rock your newbody and ingnore all the negativity.
  • @dreamaria thanks luv ;-) I will totally ignore her n everyone else that trys to put me down ...
  • I'm so sorry girl :-( My Mom & all her sisters say I'm fat. They've ALWAYS said it to me even before I got pregnant. I was a size 7 before pregnanc & now a size 9. They've always emotionally abused me & don't even realize it. I keep reminding myself that they don't mean it and just like to talk bcuz they're stupid & that's the way the are. Also I try & remind myself that they're all WAY bigger than me and probably the only way to make themselves feel better is to put me down. My BF is a great support system & I cry to him sometimes about it. He reminds me how they're probably jealous & that I'm beautiful & NOT fat. YOU are NOT fat. I know it's tough, but try & ignore them. You don't need that stress. <3
  • I'm pretty lucky, my mom will never tell like that. My mil does that to my husband tho. He's always been a bigger guy but has put on a few lbs since we've moved & I've been preggers. She tells him all the time that he's fat. It pisses me off and I've told her to shut up!
  • @rizzychiky I feel the same way it just hurt that it comes from my mom :( but yeah I feel good of my self just that when I c her ugh she just put me down damn .
  • im in a similar situation- but i havent had her yet. so my mom is all "omg you're huge" and all this other stuff. it seriously pisses me off. i have told her to keep her mouth shut and be nice. my mom has a huge self image problem and is anorexic. i just want to smack her and say "yea, well look at you....and htat's after you have starved yourself." but i respect my mom and would NEVER want to hurt her like that. my hubby doesnt understand how i can take her crap and all day every day and yet not once have i ever lashed out and told her wht i want to say so often. smh. parents are supposed to be encouraging and uplifting, while honest and caring. pft.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.