My bd hasn't

edited February 2011 in Daddy's place
He hasn't told his parents im 21 weeks along any advice on y he hasn't told them?

Comments

• Are y'all in a relationship or were y'all just "sex partners" sorry if it sounds rude, I really am terrible with words sometimes but if he isn't committed to you he probably isn't in a rush to tell them. 21 weeks is over the half way mark though. He should have told them at least soon as you made it past your 1st trimester.
  • We've been together for almost three years
  • Wow that's crazy he wasent told them. Have u asked him why he hasn't told them? He's also probably scared or something
  • Are you a young couple teen mum even if your not he could be worried bout what his parents might say or do it can be really hard to bring up to his parents especially if he is a mommas boy
  • Ps i wouldnt read into it to much thr best thing u can do is sit down with him and just ask him why u dont need to be stressing your self our for no reason hope this helps
  • @Rissalee7 Wow he needs to man up and tell them. Like @keelz said he may be afraid of their reaction but there is no going back now. His parents have a right to know about their grandchild. I would say tell yourself but I respect that you want to give him the opportunity to tell him. However time is of the essence and 19 weeks will fly by. What is he going to say then "Mom, Dad oh yeah...I forgot to tell you I have a baby?"

Three years is a long time. Obviously if he cares that much to stick around that long he needs to make it known to his family that he is about to be a father.
  • Im 21 he's 28 this is his second our first I think its bugging me cuz he's been so great with the pregnancy he took me shopping yesterday and spent almost a hundred dollars on kailee
  • Then all you can do is just ask him why he hasnt told them yet....thats what i would do hope it works for u
  • I would suggest makin it exciting for him. Like having a surprise announcement party or bbq where no one knos but . We went to family dinner with me wearing a shirt that says "he knocked me up" with a finger pointing to the left like the I'm with stupid shirts. It took a while before anyone caught on lol but if u make it a happy and exciting thing for the whole family
  • Im just more curious on y than anything its not bugging me in a stress or emotional way just like your trying to find that last puzzle piece kinda way
  • I meant knos but u n him that that's y they are there. I wonder y he's putting it off. Do u see them often?
  • Ya he's also adopted so maybe he feels its not that big of deal since there's no blood relation
  • Not really last time we saw them was at least 9 months ago if not more
  • That may be true if they aren't close. he may feel like its not too important and he's in no rush especially since they aren't a big part of his everyday life with u. But still I wonder if he has a reason. Maybe he has a plan or wants to tell em when ur in a certain part or something?
  • Maybe I know when we first found out he wanted to drive up there but we had money problems and he was asking what the weather was supposed to be like this weekend unfortunately we just got a bunch of snow and are supposed to get more on saturday its almost a three hour drive one way
  • Geez I hate the snow it ruins all my plans I'm so glad its almost spring. But see maybe he's quietly thinking all the time he wants to do it special not over the phone n is secretly freakin out because ur getting closer n closer to it due date n they don't kno yet. Idk have u guys talked about it at all or does he just brush it off
  • He's tried calling a few timed and they probably already know due to his brother having fb but its not the same as him telling them him and his ex broke up b4 she knew she was so I kno this is all new to him he had moved to a different state before he was told so wasn't apart of the pregnancy
  • Mine didn't tell his till I was 3 months I was a very angry woman....he always came up with the lame excuse that I don't know how they are( devout Catholics) it made me feel like he was ashamed Cus we were not married. I felt he was ashamed of me n the baby
  • Im in a similar situation and my bf of almost 5 years has not told his parents yet. He is telling them in 2 weeks when we go home for springbreak. He is afraid of what his parents might think. This is our first baby.. I was scared too but im 17 weeks now and he has to tell them. Honestly he is afraid of his dad.
  • Well my bfs parents are getting an invite to the shower which will probably go out in a week or so I guess thats how they are gunna find out
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • He tried calling no answer so we sent a cards with an ultrasound photo in it
  • @Rissalee7 My BabyDaddy Hasn't Either && That Is Pissing Me Off Because Im 17 Weeks!
  • They haven't called us or anything and its bugging me big time
  • In my case only a select few people in my life know and we are both afraid to tell... at least I am... o haven't had my first appt yet and I'm about 12 weeks ... I was waiting for that, but thats not for another 3 weeks ... what do you guys think I should do?