FTM...scared...dont know what to expect

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
I'm 32 weeks n I'm starting to get really nervous about labor. I don't know what to expect. What if I am having contractions and don't even know. What if my water breaks when I'm going p or when I'm in the bath or shower. The fear of the unknown scares me :/ I've been having these dull achy period like cramps all morning in my back around to the front of my belly and idk what they are. I don't think its contractions cause they don't come and go they are consistent. Any ideas?

Comments

• Im with you on this one sorry wish I could help you but im a ftm also 32 weeks. I was cramping this morning and I went and took a really hot bath and they went away try that
  • I have been going through the same thing. I woke up crying because I was so scared last night thinking about labor and what we are going to go through, the cramps could just be stress try laying down and relaxing may also be bh. Are you having any fluids or discharge?
  • I don't have any answers for you, but just wanted to say that I'm a FTM with the same concerns!
  • Btw hot baths are not a good idea they can raise yours and babys blood pressure.
  • We are due the same day I think.. I have been having the same exact problemsyou are. My obgyn gave me a non stress test and I had a few contractions but he does not seem particulary concerned. He also checked me and said I was soft, but not dialated. It's all so confusing and has me worried about pre term labor all the time! I just want it to be October so I don't have to worry as much about the babies health if he was born now. Ah!
  • Have you been checked for a uti/bladder infection? Try not to worry hun, we all go through the same thing, I'm pregnant now with my second and know my labour could be completely different. I think you should always have an idea of what you want in your head, eg. Medication you would like to try for pain relief etc. But also remember these babies do their own thing and it may not go exactly how you have planned - just go with the flow! Also when your waters go there is no way of holding them in like you can hold a wee, I'm sure you will know when and if it happens. Anything else in particular you are worried about, don't be afraid to ask I will help as much as I can! And don't worry, we were made for this and people wouldn't go on to have lots of kids if it was truly awful!
  • @junebuggbabie85 I was just doing what my doc told me to do
  • They may be braxton hicks.. but dont worry girl. Im a ftm too and everyonr is telling me im going to be early..thats what makes me early.. i only have 31 days left.. im nervous too but anxious for baby to come..what im worried about is i hope i dont mess up..
  • If you're having real labor contractions, believe me, you will DEFINITELY know! Lol. They hurt soooooo bad, and if your water breaks while you're using the bathroom, you'll know. If you can use your muscles to stop it from coming out, it's not your water, if you can't stop it with your muscles it's most likely your water.
  • Im scared too, im 34 almost 35 weeks And im soooo scared about alot of things too, Like if ill be a good mom or how will labor be can I handle the pain, can I handle being a mom, will i beable to breast feed I have all these questions And I won't no until she's here
  • Im also a ftm but I eased my nervousness by reading A LOT about what to expect during labor. Do you have that book "What to Expect When Your Expecting?" That has nearly every answer to most questions ftms have. Plus I would sign up for a birthing class and hospital tour. Try not to worry! Our bodies are designed to do this :)