what do contractions feel like? Help!!

edited September 2011 in Health
This is my first and I always hear the you will know but I don't think so. I had this pain that shot all the way up my back and lasted like a good min or so. And I had a lil pain in the lower tummy ..Now I just have a feeling like I'm going to start my period or I gotta go to the bathroom. anyone help ?? I thnk I'm just paranoid

Comments

• To me it just felt like pressure and light period cramps and my back hurt. I'm also a ftm.
  • Not sure I'm a ftm but here's a bump
  • Time them, how long and far apart and where they hurt. It will help pass time, and it will give you a record of what to tell the dr if you need to call them in. It's so hard because "real" contractions and "false" contractions often feel the same-painful. But I know that real labor will be progressive AND will NOT get better if you change positions. If your really worried about it and not sure, don't hesitate to call dr or L&D, that's what they are there for.

I know my contractions felt like period cramps, and then I found myself sitting on the potty thinking I needed to poo, but didn't. Just remember it is ALWAYS ok to call in and get their advice, nurses are getting paid to do that. Docs too :)
  • Don't even worries ftm mommas this is my 2nd and I feel the same way. But trust yourself a bit you will know and you body will know it can do some pretty amazing things.
  • Thanks ladies .. Idk I'm just like on only 32 w +5 days .. I'm also having weird pains in my va jay jay lol.. I can't explain them
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.