Aquafor and breastfeeding

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Is it safe to put on my boobies? Like safe for baby? I pump he doesn't actually eat from them.

Comments

• What is aquafor?
  • I'm not sure. I think lanolin is the only approved ointment/cream for use. Even though you are pumping it can still get expunged and mixed with the milk. You could always wash it off before each pumping session. My lactation consultant told me not even to put body lotion on my breasts. I would call your lactation consultant or OB to be sure.
  • Maybe try olive oil. Its less expensive and safe.
  • edited September 2011
    @salsabia it's petroleum jelly, but is used for sensitive skin. It is recommend for many uses even for diaper rash.

Here's some info on it..
    http://www.ehow.com/about_5035032_aquaphor-ointment.html
  • I'm not sure. But I use earth mama angel baby's nipple butter. I like it a lot better than others I have tried. It's 100% organic and it goes a long way.
  • I would stick with lanisoh.
  • I have the boob cream they gave me at the hospital, but its almost gone. (i actually couldn't find it prior to this post, but I found it now.) I like the madela one but I was just curious if the aquaphor was ok. All the research I've done says no. only lanolin
  • edited September 2011
    @kristaf22 you should check out their website and get more fun phrases. My favourite is the butt balm. :3