Who has their Linea Nigra?

edited February 2011 in Second Trimester
I'm 21 weeks pregnant and still do not have the dark line running from below the belly button to the top of the pubic area - the linea nigra. I'm VERY pale & was told that can play a role in it developing, but 75% of pregnant women do experience this change in skin pigmentation. I was wondering, how many of you ladies have it & how many don't?

Comments

• Im 16 weeks and dont have it yet..
  • There's one there but the stretchmarks from tge previous kids have kindof warped it everywhere preyty pail aswell I'm 27 weeks
  • I'm in my 25th week now and i don't have a single darkened skin cell. I don't think I'm going to get it at all. This is my first pregnancy. I wonder if using palmers stretch mark body lotion has anything to do with it because i also have not developed a single stretch mark and I'm naturally dark skinned and i heard darker skin is more prone to those things.
  • I didn't get any stretchmarks wirth no 1 till about 36 weeks but.my sister has olive skin na she got nothing some ppl just get lucky
  • I'm 24 weeks, & the only think that darkened on me were my freckles/beauty marks. I'm fairly palw as well, but not red headed pale.
  • i'm 31 weeks and i got it..but mine is light..you can barley see it..
  • Me, I'm 7 weeks 1 day, but this is my third baby. It's very light, however.
  • I'm 23 weeks, have olive skin and don't have it. But I do have a few stretchmarks.
  • im 31 weeks this week, and I kind of have it, but no stretch marks yet
  • Omg im jus turning 14 wks: I stiill have not got the line yet or felt baby move. Scared!!!
  • Im 18.and half weeks no linea negra..just started to feel the baby moving recently.

@Mamascully my ob told me most people wont feel baby move til around 18 weeks especially if its your first pregnancy it could even take longer, no need to worry! :)
  • I never had it with my first and hopefully won't get it this time. I'm fair skinned also.
  • I have it! Eewww.. lol I am 14 wks you can see it a lot! But then again I'm mexican with tan skin so I was expecting it. I had it with my first also.. if you're fair skinned I doubt you'll get it
  • This is my 4th baby and I never got it but I never got stretch marks either. Just lucky
  • About how far along does this linea nigrea usually start? This is my first pregnancy & I'm 11.5weeks & don't have anything
  • First pregnancy and I'm pretty fair and I didn't get mine until I was about 27 weeks
  • I couild see mine at like 8wks! Now its more prominent
  • Well ever since I was pregnant I have had mine and now I'm 30wks with a even dark line
  • 25wks and dont have it
  • So maybe being fair skinned plays a role in whether you get it or not? My sister never got one & she's as pale as I am. I'm a natural blonde, but I have an allergy to UV rays. After twenty minutes in the sun, I'll start with a headache, nausea, & itchy hives. After an hour, I've got a migraine, uncontrolled vomiting, & will start to blister. It's crazy! So I'm always whiter than white. Lol! I hope I don't pass that down to my daughter. :(
  • I'm not fair skinned and I had it with my last pregnancy.
  • I never had it with my three
  • I have one n I hate it bc mine is crooked, kinda like a ying yang symbol!!!
  • I am gonna be 24 wks on frida the 25th n can see it now. Its not too dark but its there
  • this is my 3rd pregnancy and i've never gotten that...?
  • When I was pregnant with my son I had the line with this pregnancy I didn't get it (I'm 26 weeks now)
  • well im 18 weeks and i havebt gotten one but my friend is 15 weeks and she has one i was wondering if it had to do with me being plus size??
  • @makeup_artist_mommy: I'm plus-sized, too, but my cousin's fiance was very petite & she didn't get one, either. And my other friend is my size, even a bit bigger, but she had the linea nigra for all three of her pregnancies. It seems like pale skin plays a role, but I'm just not sure. I may ask my OB when I see her March 8th, just out of curiosity.
    Congratulations, btw! :D
  • Im 34 weeks and I've had it since the beginning of my pregnancy! I'm also tan skinned and i don't mind either:-)
  • My doctor and Lamaze teacher both told me with the line and stretch marks you tend to follow your mother and what she had.. also your skin tone.. for example I'm almost 35 weeks and have not 1 single stretch mark.. but I'm olive skinned and read that darker akin tones tend not to get stretch marks easily.. but darker akin does get the line.. which I slightly do.. if your pale, I heard stretch marks are more common and usually u don't really get the line. Get the what to expect book.. its all in there!