getting scared of labor/becoming parents!!

I'm just about to enter my 3rd trimester and I'm starting to get terrified. How bad will labor be, will my husband be good parents, will we still be good lovers...ah I'm 23 and feel like I should be more prepared. Anyone else feel this anxiety?

Comments

• 6uess youll know soon I'm 23 having my 3rd things change but its wirth it not that you really got a choice now, listen 2 your body na breath youll be fine plus labour doesnt last for ever.:)
  • Ah thank you. I know I'm trying to face all my fears before baby is here. I feel like I should only be happy all the time, and finally letting out my fears. Wow 3 huh, I admire u! I'm flipping out with this being first lol
  • I'm also entering 3rd trimester and very anxious and panicky about labor! Very very scared to say the least. Your not alone there
  • Good these things help me, my husband doesn't have to go thru the pain so his calming words don't help :) plus I don't know anyone else expecting! Have u picked a name for ur boy yet @babyboyontheway?
  • I felt just like this I had my baby on Saturday an being parents isn't as scary as you'd think im 16 an I love being a mom. But labor was okay I had a c section it hurts like crazy afterwards but haveing your baby is a wonderful thing an worth it youll be an amazing mother :X
  • Thank u Esperanzamommy! Glad I'm not alone and good luck with your little one :)
  • Yep i figured it out around 22 weeks he will be adrien elijah blanco what do u think? Does the flow of ethnicity in elijah and blanco go good? Have u picked a name n what are u having?
  • Oh yes I like it. Very ethnicy flow. Well we are having a girl and picked out
    Disney Avery. It was.weird at first then grew with us. It was hard cuz his side kept pushing to keep their family middle names but just finally said no and went neutral
  • Good job not letting the in laws decide for u. And i love it because no other girls will be named that, which was what i was looking for with my sons name. When i was growing up i NEVER met anybody with my name (victoria) in school with one exception in 5th grade but never in middle or high school and i really liked that i was the only victoria ever so i can say confidently that disney will be very pleased with the rareness of her name and i really don't believe that kids make fun of names much anymore there too busy on their kindles and iphones!
    Really love her name though!
  • Oh thank u! I like Victoria don't know anyone with it I believe. I like unique names, mine is super odd! Rondelle. My mom named three of us with unique R's. I have sisters who r Rosebud and Raveign. Ya the in laws are push people too! Not my m in law as much as her family itself. I like Elijah tho, Eli for nickname. My nickname become Ron, really how manly lol
  • Scared to death about the whole labor thing....i have 72 days (or less) to get used to the idea.....one of my fears is screaming so much during labor that it scares my man.....and scares him into not wanting any more kids because he sees how much it hurts me to give birth..... :( suggestions??
  • Havnt heard thw name.disney in ages very nice :X
  • Labor is a moment in time and nothing to be feared if you embrace it. Just remember it's your body doing the work to bring a wonderful baby into this world. Why fear the pain? You have options regarding taking the edge off. It's not as scary as your mind is making it seem. Relax and it will all come out fine. (Mother of two - 13, 8, third on the way!)
  • @MSC thx.....i think that it's just the whole 'first time mommy' thing.....i don't exactly know what to expect cuz i've never done it before.....i'm a virgen to giving birth (lmao, how ironic!!!)
  • I'm a first time mom, 28 and have bouts of fear too. I think it is natural! Labor freaks me out but.. I want an epidural or if I need a c section I don't plan on breast feeding so I'm assuming pain killers are okay? I also think that family and friends will be super supportive!!
  • I'm also a first time mother, I'm 22 weeks and are worried and fearful about the labor pains. I don't want an epidural, but I'm willing to take on any other medication if the pain is unbearable. I guess becoming a first time parent is scary, but hey that's something you have to deal with I feel if u didn't want to b a parent u should have been more precautions
  • @msc thank u! I do think its a first time parent thing. But I literally wrote down what u said and will look at it when I start to freak about pain and such :) i love hearing that kind of advice from someone who has been there especially more than once. Good luck with ur 3rd :)
  • This is my third kid and im only 21 im scared cause its going 2 be hard my daughter is only going 2 b 10 months old when I have this baby and my son will just turn 2 a few days after. I only have til march 9th cause thats when I will b induced.
  • labor isnt as bad as u think its going 2 b. I was so scared my first time cause I didnt know what 2 expect either. But im looking forward 2 it this time. Just dont know how things will b afterwards.
  • @izander4 & @first_time_mommy You all are welcome! I'm into embracing challenges! lol :)
  • Thank you all for your advice. I am not due til sept, but it is good to start thinking about it now and get used to the idea.
  • Watch TLCs A Baby Story! I love that show and it shows you what to expect with labor n delivery...this is my first n I watch that show all the time...plus just remember our bodies were made to do this n even if its the worst pain ever everyone I know with children say once you see your precious baby all the pain you went through won't even matter anymore
  • I think everyone is like that with their first baby. I was so nervous with my first and it turned out to be no biggie.
  • Im we worried and very excited at the same time. Wanna learn more about pain reief during labor.