Few questions about registry and baby stuff :)

edited September 2011 in Baby showers
1. Did you do the registry in one place, or multiple?
2. At each store, did you list specific stuff that you would like from there, or did you kinda do the same things at each store?
3. For things like baby monitors, tubs, strollers, cribs, etc, how did you decide what one was best? Did you do online research for everything and ask for the best one, or did you do something that was affordable for poeple, but also of decent quality?
4. What types of things did you put on the registry? I've heard not to ask for soaps, lotions, and clothes. Soaps and lotions because you dont really need a whole lot of it. And clothes because people typically buy those anyway, and you dont want too many of them!

Sorry! Since me and my hubby found out what we are having, we were gonna start doing our registries... but there are so many products at so many different places and it just got really overwhelming!

Thank you :) Sorry for being difficult. I'm a FTM and everything about this little guy makes me worry! I just wanna make sure I do it all right lol

Comments

• I registered only on Amazon and sent the shower invitations on evite with a link to the registry. I selected 96 items. The shower is on Saturday. So far, 45 items have been purchased. They range in price from $5 to $675. I did a lot of research, looked at YouTube videos, read all of the reviews, etc. Amazon made alot of that easy. Here, you can take a look at mine to see the stuff I selected:

https://www.amazon.com/registry/baby/1YPXLVU80UKIC

Just let me know if you have any questions. Good luck! :ar!
  • @blueberrysmom So amazon tells you whats been purcahsed so people dont buy multiples? Thats so convinient! I would love to do it on amazon, but I have a lot of older family members that arent tech savvy. But online totally makes more sense!!! Thank you for the link! I'm so nervous about everything all the sudden haha
  • @oregonmama haha yeah thats what I did for my wedding shower!!! :) But babies r us and target give us gift cards for doing a registry... so now I'm like hmmm... how much am I gonna need 30 extra dollars!!! haha I guess I'm being a worry wart...
  • Multiple places. Looked up which store was least expensive for same item. My hubbys a consumer reports junkie/Reviews everything. My registry was mainly for my hubby and I put stuff we knew we needed. We didnt really have a baby-shower baby shower so we werent expecting to much. But it was a good place for me to save things that I was interested in...
  • Yep. Once someone buys an item no one else can purchase it. A lot of that stuff has already arrived because people had it shipped right to me. It also makes thank you cards super easy because it gives you the address of each gift giver. I love it! I add stuff all the time.
  • @lilbit01_209 That makes sense to lol I didnt even think about that... so much for my brain working today :)

@blueberrysmom Omg thats probably like the coolest idea I've heard of!!!! I've never heard of that before. That definitely makes things super easy! You are super smart! :)
  • Lol! Just greedy and kind of lazy. :ar!
  • I did 2 I did baby's r us then found out there was not one close to a lot of my family so I also did one a Burlington .I asked for the same thing from each store. and for the bigger things I know no one could buy real pricy things so I went for best for the prices things.
  • edited September 2011
    I registered at babiesrus.com... They give you a whole check list to go off of so you don't forget anything! I picked affordable things but of good quality and always checked the reviews on the site. I put just the big stuff, nothing small unless I only liked a specific thing. You can write a message at the top and that was where I added that the small things were still needed but they can get whatever they wanted... example: burp cloths, wash cloths, socks, onsies, pacifiers, etc! It also tells you what has been bought so noone buys dups and after your due date, anything that you didnt get they give you a discount for! It worked smoothly for both online and in store shoppers and if you sign up for a free trial you also got free shipping. For those who wanted to order things, it saved them a ton in shipping costs!! :)
  • Also, I have heard from a few different people that Target's registry is terrible (there is a recent post about it too) lol so I would look into that first if you were thinking about registering there!
  • I did Bulington's and Target, I kno most my friends & family wouldn't want to order online. I scanned a lot of reasonable items but also threw in items that I wanted cuz they cute. On both list some things or the same because I kno some ppl like shopping at certain stores. You can put a quanity of each item if u want more & so ppl don't buy the same thing, Ex. Bottles, onesis, hats, bibs, socks, blankets, bath sets, diapers, wipes, bottle drying rack, pacifers, swing, bottle warmer, carseat/stroller, playpen. On some registeries whatever they don't buy u get a discount on after if u buy it so its a good idea to add things even if u think nobody's going to buy it.
  • @stbmilitarybrat haha yeah I know I've read them... Im kinda eh about it... But I might just do it anyway for that 20 dollar gift card... I think I might end up doing them at different places. I know some people that shop only at walmart.. and others that refuse to step foot in there haha :) I guess Ill just go for it and hope for the best!

@missQ_1stTimeMommy2B I didnt know that burlington's had alot of baby stuff!!! There isnt one close here or at home, otherwise Id look into it! :)

I've never heard of getting a coupon for stuff you didnt get! Thats really convieniant!!!! :) I'm hate shopping soooo much lol I think thats the main reason I'm having such a problem with this. I like looking at stuff, but when it comes down to decisions I get overwhlemed!!!!