c-section??

edited September 2011 in September 2011
so im scared i might have a c-section cause babys big no ones said anything yet!
im just thinking that maybe it might happen and im scared never
been in surgery never had stictches is it as bad as it looks and sounds?!

Comments

• How big is baby? I've had friends deliver 9 lb plus babies vaginaly with just regular tearing. Also sometimes ultrasound can be off by like 2 lbs.
  • My c-section is scheduled for the 27th. I've had it done once before. The surgery was such a breeze. I actually had staples. They weren't painful at all, and it didn't even hurt to get them taken out. The few days of recovery is the hardest part. Try not to stress about something you don't have control over. Even if your baby is big it doesn't mean you will automatically need a c-section.
  • I will be having my second c section in Nov. It's not as bad as people make it out to be. The surgery was very easy, you just feel slight pressure. I had stitches but they desolve on their own. The best advice I give anyone who may have a c section is to get up and walk as soon as they let you!!! My recovery was so fast and painfree because I didn't lay in bed the whole time. I have large babies too, but a lot of woman still do it vaginally. Talk to your Dr. Good luck!
  • @Mrs4c @CarrieLee @sands3
    my baby weighed 8lbs last week at 37 weeks
    yeah i know that it doesnt automatically mean im due for a c-section but lots
    of things cross my mind since its my first baby :D
    but thanks for the support!!! if i do end up with a c-section i'll know
    it wont be so bad
  • Hun, ultrasounds can bye off by 2+lbs at that stage, I wouldn't worry :) my daughter was supposed to be a little over 7lbs at 36 weeks. I had her 5 weeks later and she was 7lbs 9oz :)
  • @MommyOfTwoPrincesses what really! wow haha i hope the ultrasound was totally wrong :D
  • Well if you really don't want a c section (I don't, I'm scared of surgery!) then I'd say talk to your doctor about it. Some are more inclined to c sections than others, but I think that unless something goes wrong, you shouldn't need one. Just don't let them push it on you. If you do end up needing one, they can't be that bad. Women get them all the time.
  • Not a problem hun :)
  • Maybe you could opt for an induction now? But that can lead to a c section anyways .... or at least ask for a membrane sweep. :) I hope you don't need a c section but if you do don't let it make you feel like a bad mom or something! :))) most c sections are very successful.