Did you see that crazy lady...

edited September 2011 in Parenting
...who was putting her 2-year-old in time-out right in the middle of Target? Oh wait, that was me...

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • @firsttimemommytobe & @oregonmama Yeah, I'm starting to re-think my previously "anti" position on kid leashes...
  • Haha thats hilarious!!!!! Where did you put her in time out? Honestly, Id rather see a crazy lady putting her kid in time out than the ones who smack their little kids across the face!!!!
  • edited September 2011
    @usafwife_21 he got a time-out for hitting me when I wouldn't let him hold a package of ceramic coffee mugs. (Mind you, I grabbed a package of googly eyes from the craft section not to buy, but for him to play with until we got to the toy section...a trick I usually use at the grocery store with sprinkles or whatever keeps him occupied.)

If I even was the slapping across the face type of mom, I don't think I could...he's just too cute!
  • Haha thats a great trick! My nephew has a problem with that too! Might have to utilize the in store time out chairs hahaha :) :)
  • @usafwife_21 it must be a boy thing. All he wants to do is run and touch/throw EVERYTHING! Someone told me boys have less seratonin (sp?) than girls. That plus testosterone makes them much more active.
  • Oh man my hubby is the king of the corner at the stores!!! And the corner to my daughter is the end of the world. We had this old couple stop one day and stare at us... Im like oh gosh here we go, shit from old people.... and the guy walks up, sticks out his hand for my hubby to shake and says 'Its nice to see young parents these day actually punishing thier kids when they misbehave instead of giving into them'.... hehe I usually have to walk away though cause shes funny as hell when shes pitching a fit and I cant control my laughter sometimes...
  • edited September 2011
    @lilbit01_209 "king of the corner"...I <3 it!!!

I did get a few dirty looks. Nobody said anything though...good thing, while I avoid confrontation while in my kids's presence, I have been known to say things to strangers who critcize other parents and children. (That kid throwing a tantrum at the mall might have a sensory processing disorder, and it's not just crappy parenting or a "bad" kid...we can't assume anything)
  • I use bathrooms. . . Lots of corners to choose from
  • @beaded_bunny i'm terrified of the floors of public bathrooms. He was a preemie though; so I was a complete germaphobe for the first year. I've relaxed a BUNCH with my second baby though!
  • Heh I put a piece of tp on the wall for him to rest his forehead on cause yeah eww.
  • @beaded_bunny that's such a great idea!!! Now if I could only get him to keep his head where I tell him to (i already have issues trying to keep his feet and hands in place...lol). How old is your son?t
  • Almost 28 months.