lapst insurance/lot more venty then i ment

edited September 2011 in Third Trimester
So as I've shared before my husband was fired and today I find out we lost our insurance 3days after. . . I thought I would have coverage for the two weeks that his check had already paid for. I had a sono and a pelvic exam Tuesday. . . That's really going to hurt financially *ie not sure how I'm supposed to pay for it its going to cost upwards around 500$*

So on to the question. How important are the third trimester weekly checks? I'm 37w. I'm already dilated to 4.5cm. With all the stress of the past few weeks I'm already cramping continuously so I doubt I'm going to be pregnant much longer *dispite my wishes on the matter. .. I wanted to hold out till Oct* so is it really necessary to get the weekly vag checks? Would it be irresponsible to not see my doc again just wait around for my labor to start?
Tell me what you think. I got the paperwork for Kansas version of Medicaid today so that will be in the mail tomarrow. I've been assured the baby and my son will be covered *such a relief* but I will probably be denied *so my hospital stay will come out of our pockets. . . Again no.idea how I am going to be able to pay for that* and I don't know how long it takes for coverage to start after they receive my ppw. If I have her before will they cover the delivery? WIC can't see me till the 22nd but something is better then nothing and keeping the toddler in milk is getting really hard. My van is 12days away from being repo'ed which isn't to big a deal since its uninsured and the tags are expired. I'm going to stop now I think this is bringing on contractions

Sorry if this is kinda hysterical and rambly I'm feeling rather hysterical and rambly.

Comments

• edited September 2011
    By law they have to offer you cobra As well as give you notice when coverage ends.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • No opinion on missing my last few weeks of Ob visits?
  • Most of the times state medical will pay for medical expenses up to 3 months prior to receiving coverage especially pregnancy. And hospitals have a financial aid program that helps with the fees. I work in billing with medical insurances and see cases like this a lot. At first Medicaid will want the other insurance to be billed but once they see it was innactive at time of apt they usually pay. Or pay a large sum of it. Good luck.
  • oh and me personally I wouldn't want to miss my last few apts just in case of anything but I am a ftm so I am just a worry wart. :)
  • edited September 2011
    To me the last few appointments are the most important, thats why its weekly not monthly. Your blood pressure can go out of wack in a matter of hours and that's what doctors worry about. As well as the health of the baby. I personally would say don't miss them.
  • As someone else mentioned, they have to offer you cobra insurance for up to a year, I think. I was on cobra for 6 months earlier this year... its the same insurance cover that you had before just expensive for me alone it was $503 a month.
    I don't know how important the last few visits are. Have you already had the group b test?? Do you have any risks (GD or anything)??
  • about the visits i do believe they are fairly important bc this will impact on how you will deliver...i dnt want to scare you but most of the action does take plaace the last month of your pregnacy...baby goes down the birthing canal and well sometimes baby can be breeched, might not be getting enough oxygen, i mean their running out of room in there so they need to onitor that their fine since movement can decrease the last weeek or so and all sorts of things.....i am trying to be realistic bc my first pregnacy went so smooth no problems what so ever and come the last week i had to be induced and kept on close watch baby wasnt getting oxygen and he had a bowel movement in me.....little things can do so much harm and i wish you the best and if you applied for the medical card they cover you for the past 3 months and you should be issues a temporary card in a week or so...i had to apply for it for my sons bc our insurance is refusing to pay our dr visits bc they still think i have my insurance as a primary even though i havent been working for 5mts now!! BS well good luck and i hope ur temp card can come in sooner!! %%-
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I've been on weekly visits since week 24 for a short cervix *my Ob is adorably cocky about Bunny sticking it out to term, but my Ob is rather adorable anyway* she was giving me heck yesterday about how I waddle cause Bunny is so so low and that I'm farther dilated now then when I was admitted to the hospital for active labor with my son.
    I guess ill call them tomarrow and see how they can work with me on payments till I'm under SOME type of coverage be it cobra, healthwave (KS Medicaid), or what have you. My next apt isn't till thursday or friday so maybe I can find a solution before then
    @1atwoodsbaby short cervix but shes term now, had the groupB 2weeks ago

Thanks ladies
  • Good luck they should be able to work with you. Sorry things are not good insurance wise.