Cramps vs contractions

edited September 2011 in September 2011
So what the diffrence I been getting cramps since this afternoon but I figured that all it is because they hurt but bearable and it when I am doing nothing but sitting down in my desk at work and also have lots of back pain but again bearable and I feel tightning in my stomach so my question is how do u know when its the real thing

Comments

• My sis water broke and she had no contraction pain the whole time even when she was already in the hospital the nurse was like what u dont feel ur contraction I am afraid I wont know wheb to go
  • bump no one :(
  • im on the same boat i have no idea if im contracting i do feel the tighning and stabbing pains and sometimes cramps so im scared if i dont know if i go into labor
  • When my contractions started. Felt like I hada poop,then they started feeling like cramps
  • u will know when u are in real labor because the pain gets more intense and closer abd closer together....
  • i was opposite from ur sis.... i was getting the labor pains and contractions but my water never broke both times. the first time i went into with my first child i had no idea i was in labor... i kept feeling like i had to poo lol my mom was like i think ur in labor..i was like noo i just gotta make doodoo
  • Cramps can be contractions. They can also be constant and no real pattern.
  • My contractions feel like bad period cramps that last over a minute.i think once they become regular is when u should be concerned.
  • @everyone yeah I been feeling like I need to poop two they have no pattern but as the day is progressing I do notice that there hurting more but no actual patern abd also getting sharp pain here and there and those pain do hurt alot but only last a second or so
  • Ive.been getting more and more everyday
  • You will know when it's true labor! I can't even describe how it felt.
  • My first one I had back labor this one made it to where I never want to experience labor again it felt like I had to poo in my back and pulled muscles at the bottom of my belly that was in the constant pain (you know when u pull a muscle and the pain u get when u move it) and sever gas pain at the top....... I will never forget it....... I cried so hard I was begging the nurse to go get the epidural guy to come in now she was all like he is with another patient I told her I font care get him now lol
  • My first one I had back labor this one made it to where I never want to experience labor again it felt like I had to poo in my back and pulled muscles at the bottom of my belly that was in the constant pain (you know when u pull a muscle and the pain u get when u move it) and sever gas pain at the top....... I will never forget it....... I cried so hard I was begging the nurse to go get the epidural guy to come in now she was all like he is with another patient I told her I font care get him now lol
  • I Was In The Hospital On Monday & My Contractions Were 8 Minutes Apart & I Didn't Feel Anything. Wen My Stomach Tightens Up, That's Wen I Know It's A Contraction.
  • Your belly tightening is braxton hicks contractions. Best way to know if it is labor is by timing them. If its the real thing they will get closer together and last longer and become more intense.