how vital are dha vitamins?

edited September 2011 in Pregnant
Or is there another way to get them besides pill? I've got really bad acid reflux and every time I take them I'm tasting the rotten fish oil for hours! makes me want to puke! but at the same time I don't want my little Damien to suffer! I forgot to ask my obgyn on Tuesday....

Comments

• Those are new ppl used to have healthy babies without them...or even without prenatal for that matter. You n baby will be ok without them I think.
  • Oh n they do have gummy fish oil vitamins now that taste pretty good.
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • You can see if you could switch to a prenatal that has them in the same pill instead of separate. But I'm iffy on a lot of this stuff they insist we need to take now. I'm pretty sure our parents didn't take DHA and we're all fine, lol.
  • Walmart has a gummy vitamin with shall and all the other prenatal goodies. I've had 0 problems with it.
  • You found a gummy vitamin with dha in it? that's awesome! do you know thek name of it? I currently take gummy prenatals and gummy calcium. The giant pills were too much for me and I had s hard time keeping them down. I went a majority of my first trimester without my vitamins cuz I kept throwing them up. Thanks @justkirarenee
  • @smcox they're $13 at Walmart. I can't remember what the name is but they have everything recommended for prenatal vitamins. And they taste good too!
  • Awesome! Thank you
  • No problem. Hope you can find em and they work.