baby poop/constipation

edited September 2011 in Babies
My daughter is a little over a week old and she is having bowel trouble. I was doing breast and formula but completely stopped breast milk due to several reasons. On Monday she didn't have a bm all day until the night and tues/wed she had somewhat watery stools but not quite diarrhea. Well her last bm was yesterday around 2pm. Is this normal? I am going to call the Dr in the am but wanted other opinions on constipation. Please help.

Comments

• Im no help but my son has not pooped in the last 3 diapers changes im breastfeeding n formula. So bump for sum info
  • Has anyone dealt with a constipated baby???
  • my daughter had that problem I breast fed her for 2months then started switching to formula she was constipated for 4 days I had to give her a suposeitory(sp) I called ger doc and thats what they said to do then her doc recommened karyo syrup in her bottles twice a day but she had lots of trouble pooping till she was around 4 months we switched her from preemie neosure to the regular enfamil
  • @lovemyangelbabys Thanks for your experience..I'm going to call the doctors office when they open. She's passed a little bit of gas and is straining. I feel so bad for her. :(
  • Ya its horrible my daughter would scream n cry n turn so red n it was just stuck where u can see some of it I kept telling her doctor it was so hard to watch her like that but she said she needed the extra calories but she started having blood around her stools from where she was ripping they finally switched her she still makes lots of noise well pooping n shes 6 months