Contractions ??? think i am in early labor update heading to l&d

edited September 2011 in September 2011
So does everyone feel them super painfull ? Because I been having them the whole night and now there about 5 min apart but they hurt but bearable I am just waiting to see if they get more painful but no and I changed my activity to see if they stop and nope still coming every couple minutes

Comments

• Call doc or go to l&d
  • Not everyone gets them extremely painful hun, I would just call your doctor to see if s/he thinks you should go in or wait it out :) good luck!
  • i am going to wait it out a hour or so if they dont stop ill call l and d

• Keep us updated hun!
  • ok its been a hour and they just not as pain full as i tought they would be so not sure whether to go in or not i called l&D and they just said to relax or take a walk blah blah bblah they told me most likely there bh but i been like this since @ night not sure when the actually started but i know now there like 3 to 5 min apart they hurt but nothing i cant handel i can still talk trough them but they do cause me to flinch a little
  • Call your doctor rather the l&d... I know my doctors rules are when they are 6 min apart head in..(doesn't pertain to me since I live in the hospital) but that is her rule of thumb
  • My Dr told me if they get to be less than 5 minutes apart for more than an hr to go to the hospital. If your not in labor then they will send you home, but at least they will check you and baby out.
  • @cornbreadkim i just expect them to hurt more i dont want to scared hubby by going to
    l&d and i dont want to miss work if there are just brakton hicks but i think if they continue for another hour i will go in @garagebandfan i called dr didnt answer so left a message ill call back later if they do continue
  • ok u guys i just went to the bathroom to pee and as i sat down i felt something come out of me then i look and it looked like a blood clot i dont know what that means i know i been loosing my mucous plug since this weekend so not sure if it was that but when i flushed the toilet it just kinda desolved what can that be?
  • Bloody show? I would call the dr again
  • How far along are you??
  • @garagebandfan iam 38wks and 5 days
  • Oh yes call again and tell them like I'm almost 39 weeks and this has been goin on for long time now and this happened when I went to the bathroom and honestly if they just keep telling u to lay down and relax if its still going on they are just human just like us and don't know the answers to everything so if it continues I wouldn't go down cause its not gonna hurt to get checked. Good luck and keep us updated :)
  • opps sorry i said pre term i meant early labor
  • Okay you scared me when you said preterm labor..your not preterm..BUT I would still go in..you've been having them all day, you have tried waiting to see if they go away and they don't...so go in and act like they are imbearable.

With my first I had contractions for two days, that were changing my cervix, and I didn't even know I was having them.. every body is different in how it handles pain.

id go in, because you never know how quick you will progress.
  • Another thing, its a Friday... they are going to be swamped since its a weekend so anyone who calls they will tell to drink, rest, wait... so just go in! They will check you, hook you up and make a determination from there.
  • When i went into labor with my son i had contractions like you r having. It went on for approx 12 hours, six minutes apart but just felt like period cramps, uncomfortable but not really painful. I waited till they became painful which was at the 12 hour mark. They still sent me back home becuz i hadnt dilated. The pain got unbearable by the next morning i went back to l&d, still no dilation, so they offered to start pitocin since my contractions were so strong.

I would say that you should go to l&d to at least find out cuz otherwise you'll be wondering all day.
  • Ok update¤¤¤k so they hurt mores now still barable but I started two have blood clots really red so they told me to come in so hopefully its time crossing my fingers
  • Good luck hun!! Keep updating!!
  • @dmaciel plz keep us updated...good luck I had my 1st born @38weeks....
  • Yay!!! I'm sure its ur time congrats and keep us updated
  • Update? I hope its time and things are okay. Good luck momma
  • I hope everything is ok ..any updates yet?
  • She posted on her facebook about an hour ago that her water broke and baby should be here today or tomorrow. : ) I need to get the walking her and I had the same sure date I need some labor dust.
  • @ everyone sorry i took so long yup it was labor aparantly my water broke in the mornig on friday and i didnt know but anyway gave birth on saturday a 13 hour labor :( had my little jeremiah on saturday 9/10/11 weight 7lbs 11oz it was a very sacary labor but all worth it :)
  • @dmaciel balling birthday for the little man!! congrats girl!
  • Congrats!!