for the mommas that have had a c section

edited September 2011 in First time moms
Ok si its been 8 days since and I still have horrible pain :( and I have had thus pain in my right side where my rib cage is..like when u get air trapped. I'm feeling miserable right now any of u going through the same or have gone through the same? Any advice will help :(

Comments

• I had a c sec a week ago but I had no pain at all, I only get mild cramping now like period cramps... did the dr prescribe any pain killers?
  • @letysfirst yes they did but they're not making any difference anymore:( what pain killers did they prescribe u?
  • I got hydrocodene (sp) and motrin 800mg... I take the motrin when I start feeling achy but my incision never hurt at all but I still take care of it n don't do things im not suppose to. What kind of pills did u get?
  • Take each day as it comes I had a section 3months ago but my scaring reopend a week after the movement u.do.now I had to do less to.try and heal..I was so low cryed most days everytime I looked at it as I kept having to dry it with tissues as it weeped a lot and would get depressed .. but do be positive it gets better day by day ... move as much as u can but take things slowly don't over do it ... and enjoy ur babys
  • iI also never had painkillers really after just parcetamol 500mg when needed
  • Yes! I had that feeling on my right side. I couldn't lay or get up without the hanging feeling of air. I had such a hard time sleeping. It did go away a couple of days ago. I'm now 10 days post partum. Now the only thing bothering me is my pooch that is hanging over my incision. It feels so sore like my insides are all bruised or something. The actual incision isn't hurting anymore.
  • @letysfirst I got the generic tynenol and also the motrin but I guess I've been taking them too often they don't wrk anymore. U are so lucky.
  • @littlemisscvl I cry every day too and get so frustrated bc I can't really care for my daughter like id like but like u said I just have to stay pos and take it day by day. thank u :)
  • @kcike812 thank u for the info. I was starting to get alarmed with the hurting un my side. I'm glad ur feeling better :)
  • @kcike812 thank u for the info. I was starting to get alarmed with the hurting un my side. I'm glad ur feeling better :)
  • @Finallypreggo I felt same but u are
    I couldn't go out the house for 8 weeks after I had a midwife.out.everyday checking my wound ... I had to do everything my self as oh had to go bc work after week but it does.get better ...I also had a over hang and found putting folded tissues on my section will keep it dry from sweat when sitting ... try and lie and let it air dry as much as u can when baby is sleeping ...don't use hairdryer or fan blows.dirt on it and dust an hairdryer is hot and makes it more prone to infection
  • edited September 2011
    sometimes with any major abdominal surgery, air can get trapped inside the body. if it is bothering you a bunch, call your dr. he may have some advise to help.
  • I hurt for weeks after my first one. What you are having is gas pains. Your intestines "go to sleep" after a c section and it takes a while before the start working properly again
  • It could also be galstones. Is the pain constant or does it come after you've eaten something? Either way I would call your Dr.
  • It could be gallstones. Like what @honeybunny said.
  • @finallypreggo it took me a lot longer than 3 days to not be on pain after my csec. I also had pain under my ribs and into my back. I have no idea what it was. The one night it was so bad i couldnt breathe or lay down. It eventually went away.