Should I update him?

edited September 2011 in Pregnancy and fathers
So me and my bd aren't on speaking terms and I really just want nothing to do with him. So I was going to just not talk to him at all unless he asks a question about our daughter or something. But yesterday I got an ultrasound and idk if I should send him a picture of it or just keep up with the not talking to him. But here is a backround of why we aren't talking.

So we were together for a month then broke up. I found out I was pregnant 2 months later so I called him and told him. We started talking again and then I found out he was talking to this 16 year old sending her pictures of his junk (him being 23 btw) so we stopped talking for 5 months or so. He wanted to get back together but I was to hurt. So not that long ago we started talking again (dumb mistake on my part lol) and we were going to work things out. We were fine for a little bit then he stops talking to me as much and says he wants nothing to do with me. And the next week he has a girlfriend. So I loaned him money and wanted it back now that he was being an asshole he made me wait a month cause he lives off back child support he's getting from his dad and when I asked about it he got mad at me for wanting my money. And told me he's not gonna give me it. So I go off on him about him not doing anything for our daughter and now he's talking away money from me that would go for buying her diapers or clothes cause he has not bought anything for her. He still hasn't gotten a job to help support her, he says he's looking but I don't think he is cause I don't think he wants one he hasn't had a job in over 4 years so he's used to it. He is selfish and hasn't given up anything in his life for his daughter and it pisses me off that he is taking all his money and spending it on his girlfriend and partying.

So anyway I don't plan on cutting him out of her life. If he wants to be in her life he will have to make the effort to see her and find out things. But am I being selfish by not sending him a picture of her? What would you do?

Comments

• I dont think so. If he wants to be around, he will be.
  • I wouldn't send it to him, simply because he clearly doesn't deserve it. How much money does he owe you?
  • edited September 2011
    Whoops sorry, posted twice.
  • No your not being selfish at all... he dosnt deserve to be cuddled through this... especially not when he had been so horrible to u... he needs to take responsibility for himself and ask you how the baby is and then you tell him and show him the pic.
  • No, don't send him the picture...if he cared he would be involved. He doesn't deserve to see it!!
  • As much as i i would like to NOT send him one i think if i put myself in your shoes......but i might still do it in hope that maybe he realizes that theres an actual little person in the making......i dunno it could get him thinking? u got nothing to lose really its the matter of principle i suppose but i guess it can also be a trial as to HOW he reacts if any reaction......
  • I wouldn't unless he asks for it...no reason for you to go out of ur way for him when he can't do the same for the woman carrying his child. I didnt give my ex any pics of him unless he asked which he never did while I was preggo. He's 8 now and my ex maybe has 2 pics of him...mind you he hasn't seem him in 4 years.
  • @MiracleM2B its not much $50 but as of right now I'm living paycheck to paycheck and it would just help.
    @everyone thanks for your support. I was just about to give in and send it but I thought I should ask the preglies first.:)
  • I totally agree with @mamato2boys
  • @Mamato2boys that was what I was hoping for! But with him I don't think it would change anything he has told me mutiple times he doesn't care about me :/

How can he not care about me but care about our child I don't get it
  • I don't think you should unless he ask you. Maybe let him know you had a scan and see if he ask to see it. You got nothing to lose..
  • I agree with @mamato2boys. Id want to send him one just to remind him. Do what you feel is best. & if he doesn't respond or react, hey you tried! <3
  • Yeah I guess I have nothing to lose by it idk I'm gonna have to sleep on it. Lol I think I'm more cunfused now then before :P
  • I agree with everyone don't send him a picture or anything unless he actually tries to be there for his kid. Right now it sounds like he could care less so u don't have to feel bad. Its not ur job to keep him updated if he cares he can let u know that he cares and ask nicely to be updated when thing happen. Hopefully that helps.
  • I was in the exact situation when I was pregnant with my first child I was 15 and he was 18 and I always helped him out and all kinds of shit while he had his girlfriends and they even tried to kick my ass and stabb me in school and I still managed to help him out thinking maybe he might change with his daughter Nope!!! Biggest mistake on my life I should of never done what I did and should of stayed alone all he did was put me through hell 3 years I deserved to enjoy my teenage years with my daughter not have to constantly remind him she is here I wouldn't send him a photo or anything he sounds selfish and dirty to me and your baby doesn't need somebody like that in their life